Register now to get rid of these ads!

The DO NOT TOUCH!!! Guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by felix37, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I guess it all boils down to respect for someone else's property, I had a 37 white at a farmers market one evening and some lady opens the passenger door puts her 3 little kids in the front seat and starts taking pictures, I'm pissed this woman opens the door to start with, but I step on myself and say all right she'll get them out now,then she leaves them in there with their feet kicking and swinging towards the dash, I can just see a foot breaking the glass one an instrument on those big dials, so I walked over to here and said Mam, I don't want to come across as an ass but your kids are liable to kick,scuff and or break a glass gauge in the dash, could you tell them to stop fooling around in it, boy did she get pissy, jerks all 3 out and huffs off, not even a oh I didn't realize or I'm sorry, it was like it was all my fault, what I really wanted to do was slap the shit outa her and some respect into her, my wife couldn't believe I stayed that calm.
    Then there is the friggen dogs, leave the little bastards home, at a show in Buellton last year some little turd was just trying to lift his leg on a tire, couldn't even reach the rim, I growled at him, he pissed himself and ducked between his owners leg, no use trying to explain to the owner why not to bring a dog to a car show if they ha d abrain top start with they wouldn't have brought the thing.
    I was at a show in Chatsworth 2 weeks ago, the gold chainers, the bought it at a dealer and take it to the show cars, and a young man with a 49 Plymouth more door, this guy was tickled shitless, he bought the car for 600 it ran he shaved the handles and dropped it and is in the slow process of getting it done I spent the most time with this guy than with anyone else there, this was a car that you could lean on sit on and still I looked it over as if it had a 30.000 paint job, respect the mans ride.

2. In all seriousness, it's all about assumptions.
    If you ASSUME it's OK to put your dick-beaters all over my car, you'd be wrong. I've fallen asleep in my chair with my feet on the bumper a couple of times, but that doesn't mean YOU can just assume it's OK to touch.
    If you're respectful, then sure, open it up, put your kids in it, whatever. My car isn't so nice that I'm worried about it like that. I'll fire it up if asked, I'll even take you or your kid for a ride (preferably your old lady :D). I figure if it helps get the next generation into the old stuff, then it's my way of giving back.
    But I do completely understand some people being a little more cautious. Common sense isn't so common and respect for other people's property isn't so common either. But leave the attitudes at home. If you're taking your car to a public show, you gotta understand the crowd that will be there. It doesn't give anyone the right to mess with your ride, but it also doesn't give you the right to be a dickhead to everyone.

3. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Lack of respect, there will always be the 1% that screw it up for everybody.

4. rusty bill

rusty bill

Years ago I had a car in a car show in Seattle,Wa. These two guys wander up to me an one of them asks me this question. My friend is blind-could he touch all the parts that he could reach because he does't have any idea what a carb is? The car didn't have much of a body so I told him to go for it! I couldn't believe the expression on the blind guys face as he worked his way around the car. I hated to remove those fingerprints!

5. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

HA ha... gross

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfmS3Pow5-o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfmS3Pow5-o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

kripfink...consider us a memeber :)

7. bgaro

bgaro

yup, people suck.

8. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

I can understand the "no touch" signs. A few years ago, I had my OT BMW Isetta out and a family walked up to it and opened the door. The Isetta door does not shut like normal by swinging it shut, you pull the door shut and turn the handle. The people did not know this and started slamming the door trying to get it to latch. $475.00 later, I had a new windshield installed from them slamming the door to the point of them cracking the windshield.

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was brought up to not touch things that do not belong to me, unless I have asked permission first.

They are called manners, and it appears that they are vanishing.

10. jason65

jason65

I don't know about you but my doors will be locked and the windows rolled up all the way up next weekend. Now to just get people to stop leaning on my bed.

11. I see that the stereo type of the car that is "touchable" is also viewed as a piece of crap.... I really like the attitude.:rolleyes:

12. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ya start a thread. I can do the work but I would rather pay someone who's 5 times as fast and better. And I can make a ton of dough workin overtime. So if that makes me a Goldchainer then I might aswell join the club.:cool:

13. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

he did. after 2 pages of positive replies...it was closed :(

14. Muttley

Muttley

Its hard enough to find good cars/parts the way it is, we dont need anyone else interested in old cars.

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just last night we took my Kids rpu for a ride and went to a restaurant for supper. Parked in front of the window where we were sitting so we could keep an eye on it. Some idiot takes out his cigarette lighter and lights it up and bends over the engine , using it like a flashlight, so he can get a better look at the fuel log and pressure gauge! :eek: I've never seen my Son move so fast.

Like we've said, it's that 1% you have to be constantly looking out for.

Don

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If they're yours it's ok, if they're not you better ask.

Now...
    Read This First!

then do an intro... :eek:

17. Mac_55

Mac_55

My dad use to take all the heat for anyone who didnt want thier car touched .

He would actually set out a few boxes of kids sidewalk chalk on the running boards so people could sign thier names or the kids could draw pictures on the fenders ha ha ha.

Here is a picture of the truck . just a primer black binder but it was a fun little hotrod . One time a guy walked up and saw the chalk and laid out this huge amazine spider web on the truck . it really did look pretty neat . and the beauty of it was that it washed off with a garden hose really easy.

[​IMG]

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Another shitty thread that won't die, where's the interweb's Dr. Kervorkian?

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

if its such a shitty thread then why in the world do you bother replying. leave; and move on. end of story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.