Register now to get rid of these ads!

"the desert express.1951 ford coe pick up"

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by iwanaflattie, Feb 21, 2012.

1. A little update..
    Thanks Scott and bluedog for the ideas.
    20161218_195432.jpg
    20161218_195445.jpg
    20161218_215617.jpg
    20161218_215556.jpg
    20161218_231220.jpg 20161218_231254.jpg

volvobrynk, JOYFLEA and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. Just stumbled on this build. Very cool truck and great skills, can't wait to see more pics.

3. Your radiator support turned out really nice!

4. Looks nice Seth . You'll be burning up the roads before you know it . You need to come to Texas and put a fire under my ass . Blue

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Thank you, but I have no skills,Im just winging it.
    Im learning as I go and I a lot of questions....these guys are probably sick of my repetitive questions.

Thank you for the ideas and the parts..

Im not sure about that..i still have wiring left and that is something i dont understand...
    But well see..
    Keep at it blue! !a shot of jack will show u the way.

Guys I really hate those valve covers but the ones i want to run are too tall anf theres no holes for the breathers...i really dont want to but aluminum aftermarket ones..
    20161208_073702.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    volvobrynk and '52 F-3 like this.
  6. Wireing , one at a time . Don't let it scare you . Put you box in and separate all the wires and aim to where they are going . Then hook them up one at a time and before you know it your done . Ask all the questions you need . Blue

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

nice build thread.
    I agree about valve covers, maybe you modify and make a breather fit them?

I have a pretty beat up F-3 hub cap if your still looking

8. Thanks blue..its a haunting task but it has to be done...ill call if i get stuck..i think u gave me ur number.thank u.

Those valve covers do not look sexy...i just want something that doesnt look like a 90s part.
    Thanks for your offer on that hubcap,I just got 4 from Canada so keep yours on your wall...and hold on to it cuz they is hard to get!!

9. Do any of u guys know where That bastard murphylikes to hide packages?
    Ordered my 700r4 kit from bowtie overdrives on the 13th and got an email saying it was shipped that same day.
    These past 3 weeks have been havoc,pacjages from speedway,radiator shop,napa,ebay,Christmas presents etc,passing of my uncle,brakes not working...u know the drill..
    I remember getting the box from my wife and i remember reading "bowtie overdrives" on it..pretty big package.
    I remember taking it to the coe shed and puting it under the bench..2 weeks later,im cleaning the tranny and pulled the pan look inside,everything looks good.
    I get ready to open my package to read the instructions and can't find it anywhere...
    Ask the wife..nothing
    Tear every room apart...nothing..
    I look the tracking # and it says its ready for pick up...
    So gonna wait til tuesday to find out if its there somehow..
    Its crazy cuz its a small town so everything that comes toour po box gets handed to me or my wife cuz the gals at the office know us..

Anyway..happy new years..

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's in the cab of the truck.

11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Who is Murphy? I only know one Murphy, and he knows all about Hot rodding.

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
    Nothing is so easy as it seems.
    Everything takes longer than you think.
    If there is a possibility that more things can go wrong, the thing that will cause the most damage, be the thing that goes wrong.
    If there is a time when it will be especially stupid that something goes wrong - then it will happen at that time.
    If it is something that can not go wrong, then it goes badly anyway.
    When things are left to themselves, they will go from being bad to really bad.
    If everything seems to go well - then you have obviously overlooked something.
    Mother Nature always keeps the latent defects.
    Nothing is foolproof; the fools are too inventive.
    Once you have decided to do a certain thing, there is something else that must be done first.
    Any solution begets new problems.

And I always thought it was an annoying old German guy the steals/misplaces my stuff, but I can't remember his name.

Still a nice truck, still making nice progress and I hope that keeps on in the new year.
    Best of luck, and keep at it, lad!

Oh wait a minute, now I remember his name; it's Alzheimers.

12. Yeah, getting old sucks....I lose stuff constantly. Usually it shows up later, exactly where I put it. Some shit I have never found....

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. You guys are lucky as it hits hard around here , with my last name being Murphy . LOL Happy New Year , Seth .

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. There's a small chance that we never picked it up from the PO.
    There's a tiny chance that the wife didnt give me the package and i was so busy i think she did.
    Gonna go tear the shed apart now!

15. I was mounting my tranny 20170101_183950.jpg
    Crossmember yesterday,I was underneath the Coe,i looked at the differential and i saw this:
    20170101_170017.jpg
    I bought a sheet of 5x8 plywood to put on the bed so i could pile stuff on it and didnt see my Package fell on the pumpking..made a little progress installing my kit.
    Now im running my tranny lines..
    Can i use single flares for the steeli lines?
    There's not much pressure going to them and my flaring tool only has for single flare.
    Thanks

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Double flare only.

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get a KD Tools double flaring kit on Amazon.

18. Holy crap its been 7 years and im still not done.
    Just a small update:i got my coe title!!!
    I highly recommend C.A.R.S. services in Temecula Ca.
    I didnt even have to drive down there!!

19. But you're still working on it, and that's a good thing.
    Lot's of people bail out.
    And, you are closer to the finish than the start.
    Push

brad2v likes this.
  20. Im pushin!
    Next step is to bring it to Las Vegas and have someone finish the wiring for me!
    So close yet so far

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good luck, wiring kills most projects. Many get sold or stuffed in a corner.Bob

22. Keep after it! Progress is progress. As long as you continue to make it you'll eventually get it done.

23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi iwannaflatty.Like my Grand Father used to say"Slow and sure beats the hell out of quick and dead".:rolleyes::p.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

24. so lets see some engine photos.

25. Hey Ted¡
    The photos are the same as my last ones,not much has changed,just talking to @Patinaford about getting my COE for trog¡
    I think its time¡¡

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. i meant the 327 photos. i thought it was for this.

27. This is all i gotz Ted¡
    123_1.jpg

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  28. arthurC3

arthurC3