Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Definitive "MILD CUSTOM" Photo Thread....

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Here's mine,been my driver for along time.

Attached Files:

2. JVK54

JVK54

Hey Dave, when did that happen? Last i knew you had said goodby to the Merc. Good to see ya back.

3. chop32

chop32

WoW, Thanks for all the kind words...I really appreciate them!
    The trim is '55 Pontiac Chieftan...I used two separate door pieces per side so I could cut and lengthen them in the angled area.
    There were 2 reasons for this; 1) to move the starting point of the trim further forward on the door and 2) to drop the horizontal spear down below the taillite "windsplits" while keeping them in the same plane as the stock trim...Id seen many cars with the trim angled down slightly to miss the windsplits and wanted to do something different.
    The front end is mostly '49 and '51 parts with a narrowed (11") '55 Chrysler New Yorker grille bar.

Rudy likes this.
  4. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

These are pictures of my old 55 Olds 98 mild custom. It had all the hood chrome removed,& the hood was peaked. The olds name taken off of the grill and filled in, then rechromed. It was lowered all the way around, and had chrome reverse wheels with baby moon hubcaps. Red rolled and pleated interior. I wanted the grill area surround to look moulded in so I painted that area monochromatic. I wished I had chromed the rear bumper though. It was a big car, and probably needed the lower chrome spears on the rear quarters left on. It also probably needed some pin striping on the hood, trunk and under the door handles. I sold it when my wife got cancer, not knowing what medical bills would be. They wern't much (good insurance). Wished I had never gotten rid of it. It had the original engine and automatic, and ran like a champ.

Attached Files:

Rudy likes this.
  5. Greezeball

Greezeball

Found a pic of John Denich's Chevy. Like I said before this is one of the best examples of a mild custom out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
    EVL401, chambosinthere and Rudy like this.
  6. atomickustom

atomickustom

I used to think my car was a full-on kustom because 1) I chopped it and 2) every single body panel has been modified. However, I have come to think of it as a mild custom because it's not chopped much, not lowered too much, and most of the modifications are pretty conservative. Most everyone can still tell it's a '53 Chevy (although a lot think it's a '54, but that's close enough). Even the "custom" hubcaps resemble stock '53.

This photo was taken several years ago and I've changed a lot since then, but the basic style is still the same.

Attached Files:

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Very well done 4-to-2 conversion!

Dyno Dave likes this.
  8. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

glad to see the interest in traditional mild customs, started on a 50 sedan several years ago, sold it now working on a 60 T-Bird, lowered , nosed and decked apart for paint now, will post a picture when I get paint on it. Added pictures after paint, very mild just dechrome, lower and custom wheels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Rudy likes this.
  9. teddyp

teddyp

here,s afew more i posted my buddy,s 51 chevy again because he did it like it was done in 1954

Attached Files:

Rudy likes this.
  10. I guess a pickup can be a mild custom,,,,,,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

topher5150 and AChopped1950ford like this.
  11. Greezeball

Greezeball

12. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

[​IMG]

im sure you have seen it before[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spiffy1937, 50Fraud and Rudy like this.
  13. Greezeball

Greezeball

^^ Doooood that's sweeeeet!
    It's funny I was always a shoebox Ford guy before I got my Chevy but now I'm converted.

14. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

not mine (wish it was)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. teddyp

teddyp

always had a thing for 58 fords

16. fat141

fat141

17. 56Firedome

56Firedome

Heres my 56 DeSoto if I can play.

Attached Files:

18. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

fat 141 that post was sick i liked the lowered tail lights on that sedan. very good work.

19. [​IMG]
    What a great looking mild custom.

Rudy likes this.
  20. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

X2!!! I've seen this car. The paint on the roof just blew me away, it took every last ounce of will power I had not to touch it.

21. Jay71

Jay71

Really suprised to see so many tri-5 chevys in this thread. They seem to get a bad wrap sometimes. Just goes to show they dont have to be gassers to be cool. In fact I prefer the mild custom treatment on these chevys. Great thread! Keep em coming.

Rudy likes this.
  22. worn shoes

worn shoes

my 53 ford

Attached Files:

Lou kriger and Rudy like this.
  23. worn shoes

worn shoes

my shoebox

Attached Files:

Lou kriger and Rudy like this.
  24. Greezeball

Greezeball

^ I think the tri 5 Chevs got a bad rap 'cause in the 80s and early 90s they were everywhere and brought in the era of over-restored classics. We've all seen the '57 convertable with every concievable option and painted red with red interior of course when it was probably some other color originaly. This sort of thing left a bad taste in a lot of mouths kinda in the same way as red smooth billet encrusted streetrods from the same era did. It was a theme that was cool when a few did it but became lame when many tried to do it. That's why mild customs will always be cool because no two are alike yet they all follow a time honoured tradition/ formula.
    Sorry for the run on but I just got some progress pics of mine and I'm really stoked! Can't post pics until the works done, just an agreement I have with the very talented individual doing the work (Jalopy Kid on here) doin' one hell of a job I must say. I do find it exciting when ideas communicated to someone hundreds of miles away can be understood and then translated to sheetmetal shape and form. Let me just say I had an idea for the tail lights that could have been done in the mid to late fifties yet I have never seen it done and he has made it happen.
    Oh ya tri five Chevies make killer mild kustoms especially done in a early 60s/Belflower style.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Rudy likes this.
  25. Greezeball

Greezeball

Worn Shoes killer cars. I really like the 53.

26. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Wow,I really hope this thread runs forever! Fantastic stuff
    Paul

27. fat141

fat141

X2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rod

28. Greezeball

Greezeball

Put up some pics of the Kripple Kart. It's killer and should be here.:cool: