Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Death Of a Sweet Merc!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suicidal-element, Apr 1, 2008.

1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thats hurts alot. Is he OK? Thats looks like a pretty hard hit.

2. That's so wrong! One of the hazzards of driving an old car. People today think they have to be available ALL the time. Combine that with everybody being in a hurry....this is what you get. Hope he gets the guy by the nuts!!!!

3. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

That's gawd aweful man! I hope he tries to fix it.

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

that seriously blows...:mad:

5. chopt49

chopt49

Shazam... that sucks balls....hope the driver was OK.

6. sledish

sledish

My heart just stopped, that hurts to look at. Sorry Bro.

7. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

dude, hope that everyone including the asshole that hit you is ok

sorry to hear bout your car, its not to bad, hope you try to put back together

8. Da Injun

Da Injun

Those fucks should get the same penalties as DUI's. It is bull shit. It almost always seems to be young drivers you have little experience driving anyway.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That is unbelievable.....can you imagine if it was a Hot Rod.....I hope he is OK.

10. Tony

Tony

I'm at a loss for words..everyone else said how i feel......sick.
    I just hope he's alright...

11. Jebus Effing Cripes, the mind boggles... texting while driving?? Could you imagine if that Merc were someone on a motorcycle, or a kid? That's a level of stupidity and gross negligence that demands hard jail time.

And somebody, anybody, please answer me this: other than deaf people, who the fuck needs text messaging? What possible message can't you convey with your voice?

12. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i drive a wrecker, texting and cell phones are great for business. i laugh when i see someone getting loaded into an ambulance screaming how they can't go to the hospital without their phone. i usually get 2-3 wrecks per week involving phones and texting.

13. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

Man that definately sucks. Hope the dude is ok.

Here come the "buy more insurance" threads.

14. John50

John50

I would rather have taken the shot in the back then in the front end and ruin the desoto grille and bumper b/c those are hard to replace.

15. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Look how far back the seat back is bent on the driver's side in the second pic....he took a hell of a hit for his body weight to distort the seat frame that much. Those stock front seats are sturdy (and heavy) as hell. He's going to feel that one.

I would agree though, everything is fixable. To me, it's mostly cosmetic. I would be surprised if there was any considerable frame damage, looks like they rode up and into the trunk. If nothing else, part it out and make back some $$$, or save it for the next project

16. Still haven't heard what ran into him.

17. kustombypook

kustombypook

While she wasn't on the phone, a stupid little 16 year old bitch ran a stop sign in front of me once and I t-boned her going about 35, I never even touched my brakes. I drove my bumper all the way through her and her seat to the pasenger seat. When I got out and asked her if she was alright, she wimpered "no" and I said "Good, I hope that hurt bad, now maybe you'll pay attention." Totaled both cars. Stupid bitch. Got screwed by the insurance company too.

18. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

That is painful to look at...I hope that he is alright. I have some parts squirreled away if he needs them, I am in San Diego...

Attached Files:

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

owwww.......

20. I hope the driver of the Merc is ok. I got hit like that but not as bad and had my neck fused together as a result. Now sport a nice stainless steel plate and 8 screws, plus a bone cored out of my hip bone and inserted in between the vertibrae in my spine! All the result of some minivan mommy on her cell phone. You boys down under have it right, no cell phones in cars period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he is lucky he should be healthy enough to work on the Merc in a year, God willing. Good luck to him!

21. This is why the HAMB is so great! Because of all the wonderful people like you!

22. Squablow

Squablow

I've got an extra trunklid for that Merc. It's not the best but it's definitely workable.

That car is fixable, but damn, what a shame. Do we know what the other guy was driving? I'm guessing something tall, since it seems to have climbed up over the frame of the Merc.

23. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Those pictures made my stomach roll!!

24. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

That's horrible. Some chick rear-ended me while she was texting. Idiots

25. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

This is bad...I am tired of this shit Mike Zenor said it correctly. I hope he fixes it, but if it was me I couldn't do it. I would just restart, I hope he has more fortitude than me. :-(

26. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Nice car, it's a shame. Driving under the influence of alcohol is deadly and the penalties are severe, driving while operating a phone is just as deadly but the penalties are lax!!

27. HH Derrick

HH Derrick

sorry to see that man. Hope it can be fixed

28. myke

myke
    from SoCal

That seriously sucks. I hope he is OK.

29. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Man that's sad.... what can ya say except I hope nobody got hurt.
    My friend was rear ended in his low, chopped shoebox last summer when a group of kustoms were going to the Rebel Run in Lima, Ohio and ya the lady was talking on her cell phone!
    Good news is the car's ready for this season with new paint and all.

30. roddinron

roddinron

There is, it's called a cell phone jammer, it's illegal to sell them in the US, but you can buy them on the internet. Do a google search.