Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Death Of a Sweet Merc!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suicidal-element, Apr 1, 2008.

1. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

ouch!!! thats gonna be fun to fix! time to put on the ol' dirt shirt! im in not such a dis-similar aituation myself...

2. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Ouch...that hurts.
    Hope he is ok.

3. roddinron

roddinron

I see a large wrench on the road next to it, I hope he used it on the other driver.

5. Wow that sucks. Is that guy on here? I'd kick some bux to help him out if he needed it, is the car insured for appraised value?

6. DeVille472

DeVille472
    from GA

+1 :)

7. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Man, I used to see that merc all over the place. it is a damn shame.

recently they found a 16 y/o kid out by my buddys house who hit a treet while texting. almost killed him, and totaled his car.

8. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

being the old dude i am, my back and neck would be hurting me to the tune of about 1 mil.

9. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

ouch, that roof could be transplanted to another merc if the damage on that one is too bad.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

WTF man. WTF. That sucks. Is he going to fix it?

11. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Please tell us you are going to fix it. Damn shame but it can be fixed. Time and money though.

12. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

I dont know if he is fixin it yet or not. Havent heard back yet. But if not, you know who is gonna try like hell to get it!!!!

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Unfortunately, it's going to take a couple judges with some really big balls to make examples of idiots who kill, maim and destroy other's property while they're on the phone or texting.
    If a few people get thrown under a prison, or better yet, forced to relinquish THEIR possessions to the person who's property they destroyed, there'd be a lot less people doing this. At least a lot of parents in the country would drill it into their kid's heads.
    And even if it doesn't slow down the accidents, it'd be nice for the victims to get some compensation.

And I don't see why the judges couldn't say "You are banned from owning a cell phone or portable text messaging device for 5 years."

-Brad

14. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

OMG....hope he is ok in the merc that is.
    i saw a girl today with one phone to her ear and another in her other hand texting while driving on I-95 at 75+ miles per hour holding the steering wheel with her elbow!! what a F*&kn C%4T

15. BOTH are outlawed here.....as they should be.

"Research has shown that using a mobile phone while driving may be equivalent to driving with an illegal blood alcohol concentration of more than 0.08"

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/safer_people/road_users/mobile_phone_campaign.htm

If anyone's talking on the mobile phone while they're driving they need their licence taken off them.

16. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

thank god he was in that car and not some new turd they try to pass off as a car. i hate like hell it happened but i would like to see what hit him. the main thing though he isnt hurt and with the funds it can be built. like i have always said this is a risk we run when we drive them as daily drivers, and i fit in that category also.

17. Not SAFE to drive anywhere anymore...

18. or a car for that matter!

19. Exactly what I was gonna say,
    That driver should get a DWI, they were certainly impaired by the phone.

Unless he was tuning and not signaling, that is just as bad. IMHO

Use your turnsignals not your cell phone.

20. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man,,,not that car too!!....WTF!!

21. how does the INS company figure out how much to pay out to fix that thing
    i cringe thinking of all the bs he is going to go through just to make things right
    and i bet he is a bit shaken up physically to
    good luck bro
    tk

22. TbirdGirl

TbirdGirl
    BANNED

Ouch ouch ouch!! That makes me wanna cryyyy!! Oh man...

Poor guy, what rotten luck. Best wishes!!

xoxo
    Niki

23. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Sounds like DWI... Driving While an Idiot, Driving While Ignorant, etc.etc. That sucks. That was a clean ride.

24. I was just thinking today that there should be a signal scrambler that you can put on your windshield that would make mobile communications impossible in your car. In return you would get a break on insurance, but this could work well as a punishment too.

It is sooooo crazy to me that they harass us about emissions, seat belts, slick tires etc Yet driving while typing a message on a cell phone keypad is legal?!?! Where are the insurance lobbyers in all of this?

25. SARGE

SARGE

That made me sick to my stomache,poor merc.........

26. Best of lick dealing with the ins. company,that really sucks,very sorry for you.

27. Falfa55

Falfa55

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Mother Fuck!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    How did he not kill them?
    Also he should just get rid of that Merc its bad luck..Im willing to give him 500 bucks to take it as far away from his as possible:D

28. jchav62

jchav62

What a shame! I hope it gets fixed... Damn texters! Damn phones!! There is a cell phone law here in Santa Fe, but no one follows it and I doubt the law gets enforced... best of luck....

29. Damn that sucks bigtime!!! On a similar note yesterday in Barrie Ontario a cop in a fulll size van blew through a red light and t-boned a SUV so hard it knocked a child clean out and onto the road! The cop? You guessed it.....talking on his cell phone. I see a sweeping under the rug on that deal....I sure hope that those bluedots don,t make a case for the insurance company to not pay.I didn,t know he was stopped comes to mind.

30. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

At my age and lack of patiernce I'd have killed the fucker.
    A good frame guy can do wonders for starters. Fix it, it's only time and money.
    Good thing he was driving a real car.