Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The danville dukes ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rod and Wheeler, Jul 12, 2010.

1. M.Edell

M.Edell

Oh God yes!! I didnt know you meant in general..

2. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

The Dukes were always second to the Temple Turks ( That was a LONG time ago )

3. Glad that its still driven,first time I saw it was in the 90s when he drove it up to Salem Oregon for a goodguys event (Rod & Custom Classic).cool guy and bitchin car......it desreves to end up in the "Peterson" when its retired......

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have to agree. He doesn't even own a car newer than 1972! I don't know of ANY person who drives old cars more than he does. He drives to most Goodguys events, cruises while he's there and then drives home! Not to mention driving one to the office every day.

5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I stand corrected. Spelling and all.
    Gary Not that one!

6. Gomes

Gomes

Im shocked,!!.... that he would do such a thing! I will put him in time out next time I visit him. or maybe take away his HotRod for a week.
    Damm Old Timers.

HEMI32 likes this.
  7. M.Edell

M.Edell

8. I like tying people/cars/history together with my 50s-present magazines. If you are an astute reader, the same names keep surfacing over the years with different cars. Many of these names are folks mentioned in this thread. :)

9. That's cool, but the coolest part is that a lot of these people are still around and are happy to share their knowledge and experience with the next generation of rodders. :cool:

10. autobilly

autobilly

Well put KIRK! and of course totally correct.

11. tex1935

tex1935

The Rod and Wheelers are alive .We currently have seventy five members. It was reestablished two months ago. We will be helping a local firefighter put together on June 18 2011 and another in September 18 2011 in San Jose.Three original member have joined. [email protected]

12. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AWWW,----Don't be too hard on Billy B., after all he just called em' as he seen em'!!
    Anybody know how his wife (Lucy) is doing???:):)

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I doubt it,---but do you have a pix of Billy's roadster on a trailer???
    WOW!----Did we ever razz him on that one!!!:D:D:D

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll just throw this out for grins,---But, how many of you knew that Billy B. was an Associate member of LAR back in the early 70's??????????--------Don:D:D:D:D

15. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

rode up in the elevator at york with gary meadors and bill great out going people .went to the roadster show with a local group and attended the danville dukes breakfast i believe mario andretti was there but havent heard mention of him here . iloved bills columns especially the one where he ranted about raised letter tires on hot rods(whole heartedly agree) another thing i agree with i hate those pretensions gold chins

16. -C-.

-C-.
    from GERMANY

. . . Danville Dukes , /// R.I.P. Gary Meadors, R.I.P. Fred Zimmerman.
    I met the guys first time in 1991 in P-Town & Livermore.
    Bill Burnham was freqently at the Meetings & Shows till he past away in 95 or 1996.
    "Linedoctor" of fame, Herb Martinez is another Danville Dukes Member ( and President . . . ? )
    I was with Herb Martinez, Fred Zimmerman & Gary Meadors at some Danville Dukes Saturday Morning Breakfast Meets. It was always a nice get togehter, with friendly hot rod guys ( no gal´allowed ).
    Fred went´to Hot Rod haven in 2012, Gary left the scene dec. 27. - 2015.
    http://www.goodguys.info/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/FB_IMG_1451324207606.jpg
    I will miss them a lot in the roddin´ scene.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    HEMI32 likes this.