Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coupe Is Alive!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spike!, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Spike!

Spike!

Finally got a chance to get my coupe up to the shop and check out the block. Looks like its fine. Just had to replace a couple of freeze plugs. Put 'em in and took a spin around town. Felt great to be back in the drivers seat! Cleaned up three spark plugs that were fouled and now she runs great. I'm not too sure about those headers though.. They may attract unwanted attention from Johnny law.

Next on my "To Do" list are the headlights. Replacing those small high lights with a set of chrome guides that will be mounted down low on the shock towers. That will make a big difference in the appearence department. I'm just happy to be working in a heated garage!

Spike

2. Spike!

Spike!

Heres a couple of shots from today. Plaese note the headlight configuration. Thats the last time you'll see it that way. I hate those little lights!

3. lulabelle

lulabelle

Glad all is well!

4. Spike!

Spike!

Last shot..

5. Tony

Tony

It's really looking good Spike.
    I can't believe the difference from before.

I hate those damn small lights too....looking forward to seeing the 'right' lights on it.

Rat......

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

Lookin good! [​IMG]

7. Spike!

Spike!

Heres a few shots of the headlights I'm putting on. First shots are of the boxes that they came in. From what I'm told they are NOS from the late sixties.

8. Spike!

Spike!

Heres a shot of the tag that was on the box..

9. Spike!

Spike!

Next is a shot of the headlight itself...

10. Spike!

Spike!

Heres a shot of the newspaper it was wrapped in. Goes along with the date they were supposed to be delivered in..

11. Hey...looks really good except for those damn lights! When are you gonna do something about those butt-ugly headlights?? Man, those are raunchy! I'd change 'em if it was me...

12. Spike!

Spike!

[​IMG] Those lights are gonna look damn good on my chopper..well, one is anyway.. [​IMG]

Spike

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thats good news, Spike.
    Glad to hear your block is not hurt.

14. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

......."Tack" taking the photos???? Great news on the block. Can't wait to hear those pipes.........

15. ddan

ddan

please post moore pics of your car!

16. plmczy

plmczy

Lookin good Spike. Glad to here everything is cool with the coupe. later plmczy

17. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

hey spike, how about some more pics of the coupe....like how about some better 3/4 front and rear shots and maybe the interior and dash. man i never get tired of looking at A coupe pics, especially one as cool as that, that fuckin' thang kicks ass. i'm not familiar with the car, what is the engine, tanny, rear etc.? if ya don't want to post them on here then how about e-mailing some to me. keep up the good work, it looks baaaaad! mike

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hey, inquiring minds want to know!

Post it all up beeeeyyyyooootch.

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nice!

You need a shave, you hairy Neanderthal.

20. Spike!

Spike!

Hey..Thats not ME in the pictures..I was takin' 'em!. Thats John, the other member of the Pack Rats Philly chapter. Jeez..I'm uglier than that! Heres another shot of the coupe. It has a 396 Big Block with a 350 TH trans and a Ford 9" rear. Its a '30/31 steel body with a six inch chop and 4" channel. Due to the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy I can't tell you that it was once gay.

21. sawzall

sawzall

spike

its still gay.. if you wanna run to leesport swap sunday give me a call tomorrow

later
    sawzall

22. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Feels good don't it? I got my rod out and played with it today for the first time in months. Looks real good. Get it out and wail on it.

23. Tony

Tony

[ QUOTE ]
    Feels good don't it? I got my rod out and played with it today for the first time in months. Looks real good. Get it out and wail on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took that wayyyyy out of context!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

laughed my ass off too!
    Thanks!

Rat......