Register now to get rid of these ads!

"the cobra" 55 chevy Lebanon valley speedway NH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8FLEET9, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

so i just picked up a fiberglass clip for my 55 chevy. i'm told it came off "the cobra" drag car that raced at lebanon valley speedway in NH. i'm assuming late 70s to 80s era. it's pretty haggard right now, paint flaking off & what not, but i'm wondering if anyone has any pics of this car when it wasn't a mess. i'll post a pic next time i'm at the shop.
    thanks.

2. Cshabang

Cshabang

Lebanon Valley is in New York....unless there is another one in the North East i dont know about-good luck finding the history on it...load some pics of it too

3. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

I was at the LV Dragway every Sunday during that time and don't remember seeing any Chevrolet named "The Cobra" it would have stuck out to me with that name on a Chevy since I was running a Cobra Torino.

LV as it has been said is in upstate New York and is split into two tracks the roundy round "speedway" and the drag strip "dragway".

This guy has been taking photos at the dragway forever maybe he will remember the car or have photos.
    http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  4. New England dragway is in Epping NH. I know of no other drag strips in NH.

5. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

yeah i suppose it is in ny, oops.

6. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.