Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Coachman Show - 1955

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Coachman Show - 1955

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - very Cool - Thanks - such great rides- funny to watch the guys kissing the trophy girls, even Barris

3. Nope, never seen it. It was well worth watching though. Some really cool, different stuff. The flamed gull wing was a hoot. Pretty odd doing a car show out doors back then. Since we didn't do "rod runs" in the fifties, we saw each other at club meetings or at the drag strip. Tim

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

That T-Bird guy in video #2 wanted a bit of a bonus kiss eh. Crazy looking stuff!! Wonder how many are still out there???????Thanks Ryan

5. Wow never seen those videos. Thank you Ryan that's a great lunch time treat. What a cool time in America. Thanks again

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Looks more like 1957, but I only looked at the first video. 57 Buicks, 57 Ranchero, etc. Cool video.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah. I think it was actually decided that the footage was taken from 1955 to 57. All years.

8. Yes! This footage of the Coachman Show is what inspired us to do the first Lonestar Round Up at House Park Stadium - we wanted to recreate the look of the show with everyone parked on the old football field. We got pretty close 15 years ago - I still can't believe we convinced AISD to let us do it - Dig Ryan's photos here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=28531
    052.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. He was definitely a horny car guy!:p Had his shirt off already:eek: Best was the kid who's friend in the background was laughing his ass off when his buddy got kissed. Pt:2 Thanks Ryan! Best thing I had to do on a cold day in February in CT.:cool:

10. HRS

HRS

The first time I saw that footage it was the red '55 @ 7:28 of part 3 that did it for me.

This time around its the '40ish Tudor with the radiused wells getting an award in part 2 @ 4:36

Next time, it will be a different car...

On second thought...maybe they aren't radisused, just the channel makes them look so. Either way love that thing.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great stuff, never knew the Gullwing had a steering wheel that folded. Bob

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

There were some excellent still photos from what looks like that same show posted somewhere on the HAMB at one time.

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I always thought Von Dutch flamed that Gullwing but it is parked next to the Kopper Kart, was it Barris?

14. WOW the first I've seen this! Cool movie, what's those big things Barris had on his feet? And did anyone notice the Tucker? Loved the 1/4 midget cars too. THANKS for sharing.

15. Green Voodoo

Green Voodoo
    from Melbourne

1956 F100 BW , White with dark scallops ( possibly black) and silver accent on nose
    Does anyone have information or history on this truck which appears on the opening scene in PART 1 ?

16. Torchie

Torchie

As far as I know that car has always been credited to Von Dutch. Who knows why it was parked where it was.
    It was great to see the Midgets racing around the baseball diamond.LOL
    Torchie

17. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

image.jpeg Amazing footage. Jeez, I feel kind of sorry for those trophy girls getting all man handled. Barris' soft approach seemed to work much better. Maybe it was the giant furry slippers.

18. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Mickey Mouse shoes? That's what they looked like in one of the shots. White with two black buttons. Not so much in the above photos.

19. Gabe Fernando

Gabe Fernando

Just great. Thank you.

20. Here's another shot of George and his shoes. Luckily the truck looks better than George does.

Mick georgeandkopperkart1.jpg

autobilly likes this.