Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Clem Waske 29 Roadster #265B

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cyclone Kevin, May 20, 2016.

1. Crap- everyone .....now looking for a 29 roadster body will make it all the harder to fine a good deal on one. But I will keep looking under all the bushes around the Midwest.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wyatt,
    I'm sure that you'll pop up with one before you're done reading this post. ;).

Runnin shine likes this.
  3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

celebrate with the knowledge that you don't run 4.44's

Atwater Mike likes this.
  4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wishing all of you a Very a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!!
    Looking forward to seeing Bruce and Clem's ol gal together this year. It has been pretty trying lately, but we'll make it through.
    Thank all of you that extend a helping hand in bringing this dream alive. I so very deeply appreciate it.

5. image.jpg Happy new year Kevin. I was looking through the hotrod foundation photos and seen this. Is this Clem's car????
    At the lakes in 42. I wonder if Clem got the car already as a lakes runner?

Outback, volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I was thinking about you and the guys yesterday.
    Thought that it was a great year for having you guys (You , Dennis & Gary) in my life!!!!
    Yup, Clem's car before several years of changes, I'm not sure, but the car in front of his may be Paul Schiefer's?
    I'm glad that David and Jim man that AHRF site.
    I'm espescially glad to have met Doc, he's a wealth of info and now he's like family ;).
    Happy New Year Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  7. CK, I am glad I got to meet you also this past year.....It sure was a great year for me and I can only hope to have another year like it in 2017.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR my friend....

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We all need to get together for own Nipomo to Pismo Cruise that same time of year and we'll have Elmer's Rebuild lead the way, then perhaps when there's a 2-day Lakes meet, we can leave from Elmer's. Stomping Grounds (Pasadena) and high tail it over Hwy 2 over the San Gabes over to ElMo for a run of all runs......
    Perhaps Clem's and Elmer's cars can be on the Lakes again as the were nearly 70yrs before.????
    I truly appreciate your guys friendship. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you again.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. Now that right there would be some cool beans for sure.....as Bruce would say!

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_8838.JPG
    Christmas is over, it's a New Year!!!!!! It's time to work on the WE. This car has gotta get done;)
    Time to put away the Bling!!!! C-ya next year lil chrome Christmas tree.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy New Year to my three new friends, Cyclone, paintslinger805, and 383deuce. Not a day has gone by since our visit that we don't think about all three of you dudes. October was definitely the best month either of us has ever had, no bull. Checking the calendar, we decided that a trip to El Mirage really needs to be one of the events we attend, then another one a week before or after. Oh, Hell yes. Dennis, let us know if you intend to hit the Coast to visit the Boys this year, please. It would be great to all get together once again, killl a few brewskis, and talk shit ! I'd like to meet Doc, too. Well, I believe this is going to be a good year, so y'all take it easy, be careful, and yap at you later. Gary and Joyce.

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, that sounds good to me. Keep me posted on the dates when y'all decide to go. Gary and Joyce

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yup, we gotta make it all happen!!!!!!

14. DAM! That sounds like a fun deal to me......

15. Shit CK I just seen where Pete pasted away...That sucks.

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, I tried to give him a proper tribute, I kept some pix private as they're mine when we drove together on the 1st AMERICRUISE.....
    REALLY BUMMED OUT ABOUT THIS NEWS!!!!!
    A True Beacon and Icon in my word of Hot Rodding.
    Godspeed Pete, You'll be missed!!!!!!!

Stogy likes this.
  17. CK, I feel your sadness and understand to the max. I could see when you gave me the 50.00 tour to all the places when I was out there that you had a great spot in your heart for the Kid and it's builder. The visit to where they filmed the movie of the Cal. kid and showing me the location of there first shop were some of the high lights of my trip out west. I know to some it does not sound like much of a deal, but to me it was places I have read about in all the hot rod rags since I was first getting in to hot rods. Can't thank you enough for taking the time to do all this. I will be forever remembering these times...
    RIP Pete....you will always be the KID to me

18. Kevin is a great historian when it comes to so cal hotrodding. He should be writing books about the people,places,and things he knows about the sport/life style we all share and love. These game changers like Pete should be and will be memorialized for ever. Like the guy with the thread I want a California kid... When someone copy's your work you damn well know you did something righteous enough for someone to envy your illusions. Rip Pete. Kevin keep hustling on Clem's car and keep your mind full of hotrodding. We will all be banging gears soon for all are fallen hotrod pioneers.

dearjose and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  19. Well stated Bruce (paintslinger805)

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, man. On my next cruise to RODVILLE, I just have to see the sights that Cyclone showed you after TROG. I don't have the words to convey what it means to lose such a pioneer as Pete. Suffice to say you three have covered his passing honorably. He will always be remembered as one of the few who reinvigorated the passion of rod building to what it is today. I'll see you cats at the Broiler in the near future. Gary and Joyce

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So here we are on Valentines Day and I've been thinking about my love ;). The Waske Effect just kinda has that way about it.
    So here's my list of stuff that I still have to complete.
    Some of the stuff has been handled, but not checked off if the list yet. IMG_9573.JPG So I've been quiet about it while I knock out the little things that I have left.. Can't wait to take that 1st ride around the block.

Stogy, chryslerfan55, Pat and 3 others like this.
  22. Kevin, Glad to see you are back on this hot rod. As long as you are working on it I will not get on you about the 3 window setting in the garage.....(at least for a little while).
    Get this thing on the road. Tell everyone Hi for me.

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I'm working on getting Clem's and Glenn's done and on the road and the 34 3W at the same time. I wish that I lived near you, then I'd look for a Kool Vintage Building like you have and put everything in there so I could have some elbow room. ;).

24. Well having my 1913 Ford motor garage is one of the reasons I live where I do. I could never have anything like it in your area due to the cost factor. It sure is nice to have all my hot rods in one place with the room to work on them.

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How is it going, Kevin ? Finally have use of my laptop after several weeks without it. Hope this finds everyone well. I looked at your list of things you needed, but I don't have anything that could help. One of the guys in the Spokesmen originally from CA is a '40 guru, so he might have the glove box spring and trim. I'll call him when I finish this post. Oh, is that Nipomo to Pismo Beach cruise going to parallel any another event going on in CA ? I'll check my calendar to see what I may come up with. Take it easy, tell Sharon hello, and will talk to you later. Gary and Joyce

26. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, 383deuce, what's going on in the Midwest ? Hope things are good. Hey, did you make those nerf bars on the front of your roadster ? If not, where did you come upon them ? I like them. They offer some protection to the front without jumping out at you. OR, you could sell them to me because they would look better on a RED roadster ! LOL. Have you had any luck finding a '29 body ? I haven't, and that is bitter sweet. Let's bounce around what we might do this Summer, whatever. Take it easy, and will be talking to you right here. Gary and Joyce

27. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very well stated, '805. We all realize that the movers and shakers who have passed on will never be forgotten and will always be held in the highest regard, but I would like to touch on the present-day "movers and shakers". I'm talking about the builders who don't have off-shore bank accounts to tap. I'm talking about the guys who build what they have. I'm talking about you and the "Temple City Terror", Cyclone. You two are keeping the flame burning in the most traditional way, the way we all started with little money, lots of well-used parts that we scoured the land for, but the desire to do your own thing, whatever. Please don't mistake this post for blowing smoke, but just to pay homage to the way most all of us started, to build our dream ride without sacrificing the farm. Keep those cards, letters, and photos comin'. Gary and Joyce

28. Gary,
    All is well here in the Midwest. As you know I had a new knee installed 2 weeks ago and am getting along great. Got the staples out yesterday and drove my pick-up for the first time since the surgery. Couple more weeks and I will be back in the shop getting things ready for spring runs.
    Weather has been great here this winter. But it is Nebraska so it could change and suck in a heart beat.
    No luck so-far on the roadster body, but still rounding up parts to complete the frame. Still looking for a 33 cross member X.
    Have you ever thought about making the Dirt Drags or Hill Climb event in Co.?
    I made the nerf bars on the roadster and I have a set just like them on the sedan also. Make them from Stainless steel and it is no big deal to make. Takes longer to polish them than anything.
    Take care & tell Joyce hello for me.

29. Well Kevin where you been? How's Clem's car? Are you to busy to wrench? I thought I would give you about 4 more weeks by sending off my axel to get dropped with okie joe. Then it's time to hit the streets of Pasadena with grandpa elmer. Give us an update on ol Clem's hotrod. Hope all is well. Get to work!!!!! ;)

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

;). Glad that you've asked. Been working on both Glenn's 30 A V8 coupe, doing the brake lines, made the m/c mount, then the reality of despair by realizing that even though one buys new parts in the name of safety, those off shore parts will leak like a sieve..... and they're stinking brand new.....:(!!!!!

With that said I got them to hold psi by adjusting them and bleeding them by myself, then looking for leaks under the car....I think it's all figured out and i litterally just took it over to his house just north of mine. Yay!!!!!;). (A clear spot in front of the garage for an instant)

That puts us over to Mike V's 29AV8 Roadster project. I've been working with him on this roadster since it was just a cowl and a set of thrashed doors...
    I've watched this roadster change and it really reminds me of yours Bruce as it is about as period as it can get. IMG_9774.JPG

Well I made the exact same bracket for his AV8 as I did for Glenn. So get what I've been working on???
    Yup, Mike's brakes as well......So poor Clem's gal is waiting out the rain over at the "Oz Garage" as it seems that every time we uncover it, it's gonna rain the next day and the engine bay is open, so perhaps I hope that tarp hasn't been leaking. .......

So hopefully I'll have real progress this week coming up on this ol gal. I will say that when I'm over at the "Oz Garage" I always give her a massage, so much so that the Cyclone Deuce is getting jealous.

Ok, so let me know when the axle is back under Elmer's gal and I'll make a valiant effort to join you two.
    Then after that the HUPP and Dennis has me on a roll go get the 34 3Wcoupe back into the world.
    Can ya say busy???????? Oh boy, I better keep moving. .......

Stovebolt, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.