Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Clem Waske 29 Roadster #265B

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cyclone Kevin, May 20, 2016.

1. Kevin, I know they will never be done as I have 3 deuces and am still working on all of them almost every day. Spent the day working on my roadster and it has been on the road for over six years.
    Both you and Bruce have more memories with these two roadsters to date than a lot of guys have with their hot rods they have owned for years.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  2. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Car's coming together, looks good all one color. Keep at it. GNRS Suede Palace is just around the corner...

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Still working away at it Dennis.
    It seems like it's going to be a fun lil hot rod.

4. Jeff34

Jeff34

5. figure8

figure8

Dennis I have seen your tudor and your 3w in person (Des Moines Goodguys), but have not seen your roadster. Are pictures posted anywhere?

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_7132.JPG Here's Dennis's Coupe at Bonneville, - A stunner!!!
    I don't have a picture of the roadster.?????

paintslinger805 likes this.
  7. Here is a photo of my roadster guys. Taken some years back at Bonneville. Has made the trip many times since this, but still looks the same as in this photo.

Attached Files:

bengeltiger likes this.
  8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_8517.PNG Looks great!!!! Nice place for a pic.

1-SHOT likes this.
  9. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

image.jpg Spent a little time filling a gauge hole in the dashboard, it was in the right side.
    The dash is going to be this color. image.jpg
    Right now we're just seeing how it all will work.
    I'm kinda liking the black though;).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Stogy likes this.
  10. Kevin, I see you are not using the 32 drop in Clem I sent ya. I sure could use it in the roadster build I am getting parts rounded up for......

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I just set the mast on there for mock up as you can see it puts wheel in my lap, We don't know if we're doing that size wheel, mast or drop,so when go permanent with what we're going to end up with, I'll let ya know.
    So you're building another roadster? KOOL!

12. Well I have this idea of building a 29 roadster on a deuce frame with a flat motor. Have no idea where I got this bug to do this...... I have a lot of parts and so I have put a list together of what I will need & a drop is on it. Since you have the 40 dash in yours I thought you would not be needing it and I have a deuce dash for this build. No hurry just let me know one way or the other.
    Merry Christmas

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I have no idea where that would've come from....
    Ok will do.
    Merry Christmas as well. :D. (I couldn't find a tree in the HAMB emoji list) ;).

14. Well I told ya I like what you were building......So when my wife finds out it will be all put on your shoulders.......

volvobrynk and Tim like this.
  15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

:) :) :) !!!!!!
    I'll take the heat then......can't wait to see the bits.

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Kevin has the remarkable ability to stimulate one's enthusiasm to build a traditional hot rod with you even realising it.

Keep at it.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Dennis. With 15 cars in his garages all over So. Cal. I would bet his shoulders are plenty strong and broad. LOL I know just how you feel, Dennis. I found (caught) myself casually thumbing through some mags looking for, of all things, a '29 roadster. Luckily, it was me who asked the question, "What the Hell are you doing?" and not Joyce. God, I hope I don't find one ! ! That would make for a veeerrry long explanation.

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I have no idea where that came from either. Kevin, you and your Nipomo brother are addicting!

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, yes. Nice one, Dennis. Is it red or black ?

20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Kev. Love that '40 dash, in anything. Just wondered where you made your cuts to narrow it to the '29 ? The speaker screen seems to be full size. Take it easy and tell Sharon "hi". Gary and Joyce.

21. Gary, Thanks for the like...It is grey primer with a little red primer in the thin places. Keep saying I am going to paint it someday, but never seems to happen. This is my Bonneville hot rod....

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hey Gary,
    Thanks, I like it when I'm not the only one getting into trouble with the gals. If ya feel the need for an AV8, go for it.
    The dash in the body was hammer welded in it long before I came on this earth. I have no pictures of the dash from Doc, but in the two last shots that Clem had of the car that shows the sectioned cowl it would have been done in late 46. The car was painted in Jan 47 for $35.00 big ones. Heck one could've bought another A-Bone for that kind of dough in those days.....
    Sharon says hello and Happy Hollidays to you both. :).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  23. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

First 1926 T touringI bought for $10.00 and drove it home, later I bought a1927 coupe for $25.00 and drove it home.
    You have been a lnspiration for me to finish my 29 roadster on 32 rails. Thanks Frank

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    volvobrynk and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That's great Frank, post some pix of the progress.
    I'm glad that your fire is lit. I'm stoked for you as you've had that roadster a while, congrats.

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Feliz Navidad to y'all is how we say it in Texas. Hammer welded in '46 ? That fact in itself is really neat. And 35 bucks in '46 was a lot of money. I was earning 24 bucks a day in '66 as a train-order operator, and I figured I would never afford a Deuce at that rate. I was one lucky whatever to have Joyce to reign me in on spending money. Of course, I may see a "different" side when or if I drag home that '29. Your name will come up when blame starts being placed. LOL. Y'all take care, keep warm, and we will see you sometime. Gary and Joyce

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  26. Ha, Ha....I see I am not the only one that has this sickness....Go a head Gary and keep looking for the 29 roadster. You can tell Joyce I told ya it was alright...See how far that goes.
    I am still looking for a body, but not much out there right how. But I will keep looking, not in a hurry as I have lot's of thing to do before I will need it.
    Merry Christmas to all

27. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, OK Dennis. With two rodders to blame, it will take some heat off me. Wait. Make it three. I don't want the Nipomo Flash to get off with no blame. LOL. I am deathly afraid to ask any of my club members about a '29 body. I am getting gittery about even visiting my garage that has "stuff" stuffed in all the corners. This question is for all three of you. Does a '40 Ford banjo make a good rearend for a '29 roadster? It will be coming out of my sedan when I get an 8" or 9" Ford to replace it. Trouble is it's a 4:11. Eight gallons of fuel to go 75 miles to Austin was the last time the sedan went anywhere. Just wondering about the banjo because I know nothing about the early Ford running gear.

28. 97

40 banjo fits perfectly, 4.11 gears best for the (Cyclone:eek:) quickchange too, if not using a quickchange, just use 750-16s, ...25 miles to the gallon with lightweight roadster, flathead and big tires..... and a careful right foot.

Outback and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well said;).

30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Guess it's time to start looking for a 29 roadster shell. Damn it's getting harder and harder to keep up with you Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bengeltiger likes this.