Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Chevrofordadodgillac...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheTrailerGuy, Dec 15, 2012.

1. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Finally getting final assembly done on the chassis, finishing the cab and bed and we should have this puppy on the ground by Jan. 1.... just in time to have a topless car with no windows and heater... right?

Attached Files:

2. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Looks good! I think you'll have a Happy New Year in 2013 with that "hybrid".

Hey, no problem with no top, heat or windows. That's why I got a roadster so I can drive an open car. I layer up the clothes and socks and gloves and hit the road. It's brisk and refreshing, like skiing downhill in deep snow, except you can't fall down and as long as it's not raining you won't get wet :)

3. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Agreed..... I was almost thinking of adding on some seat heaters but thought better of it... go tough or go home...

4. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

5. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Finally! An update. We have the chassis ready for the body and bed.... which should be done this week for the bed and the next for the body. While it was a rolling chassis, my buddy Mumbles from Omaha came down Sunday morning to Austin's Automotive in Essex, IA and laid the first of the stripes on. I am getting stoked now.... won't be long!!!!

Attached Files:

6. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

OH! And I decided to cave into my friend Kevin and give this one a name... Trailer Trash.

Attached Files:

7. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

That's some very nice pinstriping Mumbles did for you. I really like those accents on the frame.

I like that color, too. It doesn't look like just pure white in your photos; looks like it has a touch of gray.

8. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Yep... we call it 'gravel road gray'... it's light industrial gray with a little more white in it. Without the white stripes you would swear it was white. I am very happy with the way it is coming along. Can't wait to spin the tires and burp some fire!!!

9. lawman

lawman

Sure pulled some nice line's on that ride !!!!!!

10. Cyclone

Cyclone
    from Sonoma, CA

What year/make cab and bed are you using?

11. n847

n847

Looking good...I love the color combo as well!

12. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Well.... as all great projects do, this started out as a "Hey! Why don't we take this piece of junk and turn it into an unpainted road blaster that I can finally have some REAL fun with." and then slowly progressed to "Oh man, get me a spot in the World of wheels and lets put a lot of chrome on it...."

So... 1948 Ford F5 grain truck cab, roof removed, windshield chopped to only 5.5" hi, cab narrowed 6", custom macsratz chassis, 406 small block, 700R4, 42 Dodge truck box... the bed will be finish painted tonight and the cab will be finished next week and then we do final assembly, some more pinstriping and then get out there and see if we can't get some serious frostbite.

Attached Files:

13. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Here's a neat trick... we needed something simple and cool to hold the battery box lid, the fuel door lid in the bed and the rattly glovebox door closed... We went to the local farm supply and bought $6 Stirrup straps from the saddle section, got some chrome nuts and gold cad plated washers and started adding on vintage leather here and there on the truck... I think it looks cool and you know when it's latched....

Attached Files:

14. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Finally! The box is painted and the old all aluminum 30's beer cooler has been given a semi custom PBR sticker on the back before we drop it in, mount it and use it as the battery box. Plus the bottom pan is done and a quad set of 59 caddy bullets with LED's and blue dots is ready to go in..... we are getting closer all the time.

Attached Files:

15. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Got some more pinstripes put on and the box ready to mount... next week the cab and interior..

Attached Files:

16. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Man... we are sooooo close. Time to finish up the pluming, wiring, floor cover and we are finally ready to put the windshield in, fire this puppy up and go for a drive.

Attached Files:

17. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

It is done, runs great and I love it. Now... time to give it a true 4 wheel alignment and get the shaky Towel City Racing recaps off the back.. then it's time to run some miles on it this summer.

Attached Files: