Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects **** The Chemical City Coupe '32 5-window build thread ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Aug 21, 2012.

1. alchemy

alchemy

You won't need the brakes once you get it on the track!

2. Fresh build, no real shakedown time,
    questionable brakes, shitty weather, long road trip,
    you're hardcore, I bow to you!
    Keep us posted
    I am sure there would be HAMB brothers willing to help you along the way, if needed
    Safe travels

3. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Have a fun trip.:cool::D

4. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Sounds like ingredients to a trip you will never forget, enjoy.

5. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

road trip sucess starts with pack half the shit you think you will need and twice the amount of cash ! cash is KING when your on road trips !:)

6. .

I made it to the Vintage Torque Fest! Disappointed that I had to trailer it, but glad I came. I got in last night and got the coupe unloaded and inside the ball room. I'm right in front of the stage for the artist auction.

Yesterday was a big day. I got to drive the coupe for the first time! :D

I fired it up and took off for a half hour cruise before loading up for Iowa. Damn, was it awesome. This thing is a serious hot rod. The nailhead sounds nasty with the big Isky cam. The tranny shifts nice and the quick change howl lets everyone know the car means business. While I wasn't beating on it yet, the car pulls hard. I can't wait to really get after it once I get a few more miles on her. Another thing that I'm stoked about is the ride quality. The torsion bar suspension works flawlessly. The car rides awesome! It was a great first drive and I can't wait to get back behind the wheel.

Here is a pic from yesterday.

[​IMG]

7. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Great picture Dave. Enjoy the weekend. Its amazing how your first half hour drive can erase what seems like months of frustration during the build.

8. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

What a Picture, Wow.
    Congrats to your first drive Dave =)

9. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

I would love to see your homebuild 32 standing next to Dave´s.......but you probably not even got one.

10. millersgarage

millersgarage

I can't see your goldchain, but is that a pinky ring I see in that photo....
    :D

(it'll never end...)

I am glad you still decided to go to the show. Like others have said, there is plenty of summer left to get your drive on. The car really does look great Dave.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

nice to meet you Dave.

will be meeting your coupe in just a bit

12. .
    Gotta laugh, It took 100,000 views of this thread before some ass-hat newbie trashes me for paying to have the car built. ;)

Meeting lots of great HAMB folks and having a great time at VTF.

View attachment 1927409

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

13. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)That was the drive we all have been waiting for. Grats and many more. The Legend continues...:cool::D

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man oh man! Just finished reading this thread all the way through. I know you gotta be stoked to have this badass ride on the road, no matter the small issues. The fabrication that Jo did is over the top, and I like how clean the car looks. Hope you can get the bugs worked out and post some video of that Nailhead roasting the tires. Eli

15. Mertaw

Mertaw

Dave your car is as nice as you are! It was great to meet & see you both this weekend. I'm sure those old boys from Chicago that needed help with they're truck Sat night were too! See you at the next one.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

I believe I missed this car.. Where the hell was I?!~!!!!!

17. .

Thanks for the complements guys.

I had a great time at the Torque Fest. The trip went well and the Trailer of Shame performed flawlessly. :eek:;)

On Friday, I was glad to be in the building as it rained all day.

[​IMG]

On Saturday the weather cleared and it was kind of tough to be trapped inside as all I wanted to do was go for a ride. After the art auction the building was cleared and I was able to sneak in a couple of drives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most embarrassing moment of the weekend had to be when my buddy Todd Jones hopped in the coupe for a ride. It was the first passenger I have had in the car. We pulled out of the fairgrounds and I got on it a little bit. I went to bang second and promptly hit my elbow on Todd and missed the gear. DOH!!! It seems a little adjustment on the shifter position was needed. Of coarse Todd had to be filming the whole thing! :eek:.

Here is a link to the Facebook video. Turn up the volume and enjoy! Sorry for all you non-Facebookers. I don't have the video myself and can't post it any other way.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4769026272593

The shifter has already been adjusted and we are working on getting the carbs dialed in. We are about ready to roll!!!

I do want to thank everyone at Torque Fest who took the time to come over and see the coupe and to chat with me. I met some really great people and had the time of my life BS'n with everybody.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

glad to hear you are getting it dialed in

19. tapkoote

tapkoote

Dam that sounds good!!!
    Is it headed for the dragstrip?:cool:

20. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

I really enjoyed checking out the coupe and talking to you at VTF. It's an amazing car. Seeing cars like yours inspires me to get off my ass and work in my sedan. Thanks!

21. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Those windshields always look smaller from the inside-out than the other way around! Nailhead sounded great.:thumbup:

22. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Hey Dave....no bruises from that 2nd gear shift, LOL!....I was worried you whacked your funny bone on the seat. It was a helluva ride and the coupe sounded killer! Thanks for letting me be your first passenger. Glad to hear you got the shifter adjusted and the carbs dialed in. Never thought I'd start out following the build thread here on the HAMB and eventually end up going for a ride!

23. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

Wow... congratulations !

That's one beautiful car, sounds awesome too.
    Thanks for letting us follow along with your build. Have fun :D

24. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Dave,
    Been off the thread for a week, and couldn't wait to see this.
    Aounds great, congrats!

25. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

What a Great Build......Ya did well :p Ol Deuce

26. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Great video, Wow does that sound good.

27. .

Sorry I haven't been great about updating this thread lately. I thought I would repost this here from a thread I started on the main board. I figured some folks that have followed this thread might be interested in seeing this. For those that have already have seen it - sorry. :eek:

Here goes...
    It's been a good month for my new coupe. After it's first show (Detroit Autorama) it got noticed by Street Rodder and by Rolls & Pleats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Street Rodder just completed a photo shoot of the car for an upcoming feature later this year.
    A big thanks to Jerry for being included in his latest issue.

[​IMG].

I'm kind of havin' a pinch me moment as I never imagined having anything of mine getting noticed like this. Crazy... :eek:

And more...

I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear about the coverage.
    The Street Rodder photo shoot was Monday and Tuesday. I've only seen a few cell pics from the shoot, but they look awesome. I can wait to see the actual pics and the feature itself.
    The car will be a Sins of Steel and I'm hoping to make it to the Rodders Journal show in the fall. Anyone going to Beatersville this weekend, keep your eye out for the coupe. Jo might drive the car down if he can get out of the shop.
    I'll be picking the car up and bringing it home on Monday. To say I'm excited about that would be an understatement. :D:D:D

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

29. fordcpe

fordcpe

You deserve all the coverage you can get.After all you are a gold chainer now just ask Jeff.Congrats Darrell

30. Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice

I just saw this coupe at Beaterville in Louisville Ky yesterday. Pictures don't do it justice. Even the craftsmanship in the trunk was a sight to behold.

I also had the pleasure of speaking with the builder, Jo Kerr. He's a very nice down to earth guy. As to his fabricating ability; the pictures in this thread and the coupe itself speak for him.