Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Cheater

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjeaux bob, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ChicagoMrH

ChicagoMrH
    from Chicago

2. ChicagoMrH

ChicagoMrH
    from Chicago

From what we know, it had a 283, which is why we went that route with the updated engine: 283 stroker 316

3. ChicagoMrH

ChicagoMrH
    from Chicago

Still needs a little tweaking, but it runs like a bat outta hell! The power to weight ratio gives her plenty of get up and go. It's not set up to cruise around town: it's been redone as a true tribute to it's quarter mile past.

4. jipp

jipp

i like cheater, one of my fave survivor hotrods.. me likes..
    I dont do facebook.. but i bet if you started a page for cheater she would get a shitload of fans :D

thanks for not doing anything radical.. and leaving her stay in her old jeans.. old jeans feel so much better...
    chris.

5. fanspete

fanspete

It was great to actually meet Sam after many phone conversations. We've all pined for the Cheater and it's super to see it in the hands of someone who "gets it". Seeing it at our Reunion was a high...light!

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

So, that's full fendered Model A on a 1932 frame? That's the first time I'm ever seen that!

7. RustyPile

RustyPile

You guys nailed the engine.. Those old bad ass sbc 283 - 301s had that same "pu-TA-tu, pu-TA-tu, pu-TA-tu" sounding idle.. That distinct sound sorta softened up with the advent of larger displacement Chevys.

8. After spending some up-close & personal time with this car at our Reunion I can guarantee you there ain't NO faux patina on this girl. This is a stand-up, bad ass roadster!!! You guys did a Great job of preserving her.

(Now how 'bout some pix of those vintage crew shirts!! ;) )

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

WOW! Not sure how I missed this the first go around. What a beautiful car! Awesome to see it back together pleasing crowds again. Sure looks like a cool full size model kit!!