Register now to get rid of these ads!

The cadillac's new interior, or the best $50 i ever spent.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Jun 6, 2010.

1. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

So after two years, the tan and brown was starting to get to me, just not two colors i like a whole lot. So i thought it was time for a change.
    When i had the 49', i had spray dyed the stock vinal seat red from burgandy. And it worked well, but i didnt know how it'd do on fabric, let alone suck drastic color change.
    But, after a lot of painters tape, a lot of patience, a steady hand with a silver paint pen & a Debut at Sins of Steel. Take a look....
    [​IMG]
    Some reason the picture makes the back seat look much lighter then it is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thats how it will stay for a while.
    Till i can get the funds for a full re-do that is.

2. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

it looks nice . change is good.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

good job. Do you have any "before" photos?

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Amazing, now all you need is some spray carpeting!
    Sorry I couldn't resist.
    Looks Great Good Job!

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Bobwop, here ya go. they are from when i first picked up the car almost two years ago. Mind the mess.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And yeah, i know i need carpet, looks weird, it gets hot in there & the small floor holes piss on my leg when it rains. :D So in due time, in due time.

6. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

This was a really nice turnout. What did you use?

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Way to go, that's an ispiration to the rest of us -- it can be done, and it can turn out looking great!

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Yeah? Well, you must have been inspired by the cherry shape the seats were in when you started! I haven't seen original fabric rolls like that since 1965!
    I can see you had reservations about fab spray on cloth, but WOW!
    And YES, a steady hand with a silver pen sure finishes it out! This is a ten-point Low Buck Trick!
    My congrats to you, Sir.

Go buy a couple of yards of carpet. After fitting it loosely, steam it in the car on the floor. When it conforms to the shape of the floor, dry it and spray it with starch.
    (spray can from supermarket) Dry it again. Trim the edges, then take it to the upholstery guy and have the edges 'bound', with naugahyde strip. (cheap, they do it all the time)
    Put some house A/C insulation on the car floor, the aluminum roll with the sticky back. Now cut some foam pad, then drop that new carpet in. It will compliment your work, and dry your leg.

9. vince89

vince89

beautifull interior. great colors. a good upgrade

10. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Well spent $50. Looks great.

11. Model T1

Model T1

Great job. Love the look. I like to see more of these home made low buck jobs. I did the interior in my station wagon back around 1990. The back seat was black R & P. It covered well with red and white spray dye.
    The tip on the carpet is a great one.