Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Caddy Is Done, aka CopperMouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tetanus Shot, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

the cadillac is finally finished, its a 1950 hardtop, i never posted any progress pics and not many people knew i was working on it but its finally finished, or at least as far as im going to take it. this was one of those cars that you get and after you start tearing into it you just want to give up and push it into a corner, i should have known what i was getting into just by the look of the rear rollpan/bumper thing that was on it when i got it. but the interior was super cherry and i could see the cars potential so i just pushed on. i found a rear bumper and removed the sculpture of bondo that was serving as a bumper and put a stock one back on. the car had no grill when i got it and some one was in the process of rewoking the opening for a custom one, the problem came when i realized that they used 1/4 inch plate to extent the bottom of the hood (that explained why the hood wouldnt stay up) man that was a pain to cut off. i put a wanted add on the hamb for a grill and a guy said he had one in perfect condition it just had been painted over and all i had to do was strip the paint, so i said ok, sent him the money, grill gets here in a box barley big enough for it to fit in with no padding and looked like ups had run it over, amazingly it was undamaged but thats about where the luck ran out. i stripped the paint and the chrome was transparent with copper showing through everywhere (sh!t), when i mocked the grill up to see if it fit i thought that a copper grill might not look too bad, so i wet sanded the remaining chrome and polished the copper and IMHO it came out pretty cool and may have been for the best. there were plenty of fun things like this that happend through the course of getting this car back on the road i just wanted to share the two that stuck out the most, sorry for the lengthy descriptions, now for some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, suede Caddy's are my weakness:) Looks KOOL

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow that has to be 50 lbs of bondo.

4. Harris

Harris

Sweet looking Caddy, really like the copper - sets it off.

5. Talky

Talky
    from Calgary

love the copper grill!!! looks rad

6. How can it be done with an Arizoner license plate on it? :confused: The car is nice and simple, and the copper grill is cool.
    What's it got for motorvation?

Thanks,
    Kurt

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

8. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Thats sweet, never been one for the old caddy's. But this car I think just changed my mind. Nice job, love the copper!!!

9. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

its got and sbc wit a turbo . .

haha just kidding

its got the stock 331 with a rebuilt 4-speed hydro, runs like a top

10. You almost got me with the 350/350 bit!

11. eric

eric

cool caddy dude, but who's '62 caddy (white one) is that hiding in the background???

12. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

thanks

that would be my 62 cadillac limo, it was the first old car i ever bought, sadly its been neglected the past couple of years and im getting ready to clean it up a bit, the skirts and caps are off of it because i did the brakes earlier this week.

13. Great car....the pic of the shattered "bumper" is awesome!

Bryan

14. Trucker Jr.

Trucker Jr.
    from Fresno

Man the copper is bad!! Cool ride man.

15. Wow....very cool use of copper.

Looks great

16. be sure and list the name of the asshole that sold you the perfect grille so he can't fuck someone else! COOL RIDE!

17. I have seen the Cad and Tetanus did an awesome job.

I love it!

18. slim53

slim53

Copper fucking rules!!!........slim

19. I saw it on another site, too :p.

20. dirt

dirt

that is one nice looking caddy, but then again all your rides are nice looking. how many cars are you up to now? 5 that i can remember. man, sometimes i wish i was still single with no kids.:D

21. sinner13

sinner13
    from Buffalo NY

Looks great, I dig the grill

22. JamesG

JamesG

Nice man, very nice. I wonder if it would look to "pimp daddy" with both bumper's copper too?

23. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

yeah im curious to know who sold you that "perfect grille" as well

24. Mozes

Mozes

Copper Looks Good Man, I Am Doing The Same Thing To The 55 Olds Bumpers On My 52 Customline. The Chrome Looks Like Shit And I Got No Dough To Send Them To The Plater Just Yet. All In Good Time I Spose.

25. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

So now you gotta put a sand bag or 2 in the trunk to adjust the rear back down after removing that 50 lbs of bondo huh! Good looking combo

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Cad looks good...smooth move removing that bondoed up bumper...

But...IMHO...the flat blak needs something (and not red wheels!!)...how 'bout some copper scallops...or some copper pin striping...or maybe even paint the top copper with red pinstriping in the corners???

Yeah, I think you saved a very cool Caddy...

R-

27. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

Smooth ride....nice choice on changing the bumper back.. looks like 2 gallons of bondo was on that bumper... who ever bondo'd that needs that hammer taken to them..

Just a thought what would it look like chopped... anyone want to photoshop it..

28. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

love the interior!

29. Love that thing! It ran pretty good on the BunRun. Copper grill makes it unique. Hate to see you sell it. Wish I had the $ for it. Looks good Tetanus.

30. I like it, it's very subtle and stately but just a little sinsister. I normally don't like lake pipes on anything, but in this case they add a nice horizontal gleam to the overall look and they don't look like an afterthought.

How much higher did the rear sit when you got all that bondo out of there?