Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

^ THAT'S what I was trying to describe.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

dana barlow likes this.
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

ETA for my body is Friday.:D

5. So Fred, how excited are you about now??:cool::cool::D JW

6. patman

patman

Friday was. Body is?

tfeverfred likes this.
  7. RodStRace

RodStRace

Dang Fred, your body arriving generated SO MUCH interest, it broke the HAMB! :D

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, it didn't show up, so it wasn't me. The truck got re-routed and it'll be here Monday. Funny, in the HAMB's down time, I think I've made a decision on my seat situation. I'll post it in the "T Bucket Interior" thread.

chryslerfan55, Blue One and mad mikey like this.
  9. Fred; bet you are getting anxious.
    I remember cutting class to meet the trucker with our first T body; he didn't believe the big cardboard box from California contained a car body. He got a kick out of it when we opened the box. We were pretty excited, now we could start building a hot rod. Thinking it was an Allied body made in LA; but it was fifty some years ago. Good old days of writing letters and sending money orders to order stuff.

tfeverfred likes this.
  10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, I kinda am, now. At the hardware store, I also bought a piece of 3/4" wood panel that will be a temp seat, until I get the bench seat made. It's better quality than the plywood is and I may go ahead and get 2 panels the right size, instead of plywood, for the bench seat tomorrow. I ordered the material for the bench already. So, I'm committed to doing a bench seat, now.

A little while ago, I uncovered and rolled my chassis out and looked everything over, while jamming some classic rock. It feels really good to be so close. For a guy on a shoe string budget, I think I'm in a good place right now.

11. RodStRace

RodStRace

Don't forget the webbing across the holes in the seat base. I went back looking for Chip's pics but with 340+ pages, I didn't find it.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, done this before. Only this time will be better.

13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

The last time I redid my bench seat,I didn't used webbing,I had some probs with the webs a few times. So instead,I made up some 1 /2in. thick pads that go it the hole that web was across. This makes the soft n hight adjustibul =if my seat hight is not just the right hight/my head could turn out to be above windshield some. Also webs were hard to get soft enough for my older butt nowdays LOL So just passing ideas. So a photo of the refrash/rebuild when I did seat pad thing,here with seat bottom flipped up,but hole and adjustibul pad showing.
    . IMG_2938.JPG

14. butch27

butch27

Smart but my electronics are under there.

loudbang likes this.
  15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I do have some space under seat,but not were the pads are,about 3.5in. at front down to zero about a foot back,there is 4in. of foam above. Always had all the smokey stuff under dash. LOL

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    loudbang and AndersF like this.
  16. patman

patman

!?!!?!!!?!?!

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Not even close to what I'm feeling. At this point, all I can do is wait and curse. Both are counter productive.

t-rod and dana barlow like this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Body didn't make it today. In fact, the ONLY news I could get, is that it's NOT coming by truck, but by train. The problem with that is..... wait for it......... they don't know where the train is. CENTRAL FREIGHT LINES. Worst shipping experience EVER. Their website is useless. I shows an arrival in Ft. Worth, Texas this past Sunday at 3:43 am. A lie.

I feel I can give an opinion on their company because shipping and receiving is what I do for a living. So, I guess I'm at their mercy. I just hope when my body does get here, it's in good shape.

RICH B likes this.
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

:eek::eek::eek:OMG!!!:eek::eek::eek:

loudbang and tfeverfred like this.
  20. RodStRace

RodStRace

tfeverfred likes this.
  21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I just got off the phone with them and it STILL hasn't gotten into Ft. Worth, Texas yet. They're closed the next 2 days for the holiday, so it may not get into Houston, until Monday. THEN, it'll have to be dispatched out for delivery, which is beginning to look like Tuesday. I have no idea how these son of a bitches are in business, doing it like this. I have a lot of questions with NO answers. Like, why ship something like this by train? Why haven't I at least gotten an email or phone call of the delay? That alone would have been good enough for me.

So, as it stands, I'll just have to suck it up and it'll get here when these son of a bitches decide they want to send it.:mad:

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, there is a little ray of sunshine. The material for my seat showed up and looks great. Now that I see it, I should have gone ahead and ordered enough to do the body panels, too. But my intention was to try it on my seat and see how that goes.

23. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hopefully when you do get it, it won't be freight damaged! It does make you wonder how they stay in business with this kind of service, or lack of service may be a more accurate description !

loudbang likes this.
  24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yes, unfortunately that's a concern. I do receiving and shipping at my job. We send an itemized transit route to our customers out of state. If it deviates, we give a call and email to advise them of the delay. I just seems like the right thing to do. It diverts most bad feelings.

Promptness or lack of, is one of my major pet peeves. I have little tolerance for it. When I was a teenager and used to stay out all night, my dad would get pissed! He used to say, "We don't care, if you stay out all night, but if you don't call to let us know where you are, you suffer the consequences." It took a few hit's on the head, courtesy of consequences, for me to get that message. So, to this day, if I don't get a courtesy call or at least a notice of a delay, it tends to tick me off a bit. It also shows a lack of concern on the offending party or person.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The delay of my body is a real pisser, but other things are progressing. The vinyl for my seat arrived today and I got shipping notices from Rotten Leonard and the Foam Factory. So, my bench seat frames and foam should get here Wednesday of next week.:D

dana barlow likes this.
  26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It would be great if you receive a good body by then so you can actually put the interior pieces to good use! ;)

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, that is something to look forward to. UPS and FedEx have been good to me in the past, so the plan is to measure everything out and go from there. I'm going to order the material for the back and side panels once I can see how the body is. The back panel and the 2 rear curves of the body are still an issue, but I think when I have the body in front of me, I'll come up with a good solution for them.

If the body had showed when it was scheduled, I would have ordered everything last week and I'd be working on it this weekend. I'm not bummed anymore, just bored and ready to get after it.

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

10 years ago. Doesn't seem that long ago. The knowledge I gained from this first one is really paying off.
    steering_installed0001.jpg

AndersF, hrm2k and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A VERY short test of my 10 year old camera. Checking leg extension for the 1,000 time. No "VA-ROOOOM!". This is a test of the camera. Stay tuned for hi-jinks, when the body arrives! ;)

I made that wooden piece to check for seat fit inside the body. It'll mount across the top brace and has a 3.5" wooden block in the back, to simulate seat height with a slight rake. As you can see in the video, it's just laying flat on the chassis for now.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay...... got home and checked my BOL # on CENTRAL FREIGHT LINE's website. My body has an ETA in Houston at 6:30PM, this evening. So, in a sane world, it would be out for delivery tomorrow. I'll see what happens. CENTRAL FREIGHT LINES eta's have been wrong so far. And I have NO faith in their website. This has just been a crappy deal all around. Now, I'm hoping to be here when it's delivered, so I can check it out for damages, before taking delivery. But my land lords helper will be here and I'll be at work until about 1:00 or 2:00 PM. So, fingers crossed, all I can do is wait.

On a much more reliable note, the seat frames from Rotten Leonard will be here tomorrow and the foam for my seat will be here Wednesday. No worries there. So, I'm just sitting back and waiting.