Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sorry to see this Chip, that was a cool wagon. Get aq lawyer and have fun with them.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Louvers, do you by any chance have this months issue of Rod&Custom? They're celebrating 60 years and there are a few nice T Buckets in there, but for some reason, some don't have any info listed. In particular, what looks like a pink one with a Deuce grill shell on page 33. I just thought you had some info on it.

3. Keep track of your time for the 'labor charges' against the mashed wagon...

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I don't have it yet. I know it's due out this week so I'll have it soon this week and do some research for ya.

I think it's about time to turn the tone of this thread back to the bucket. I have been a deeply depressed mess for the last 5 days now and I'm needing to shift gears again. It'll be a few days 'till I really get back to the "T", but I am expecting my radiator on Monday, and think I have a friend that will help me with the title issues later in the week. I might actually drive this thing for a bit as transpo....

5. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Man, I'm sorry. Hope your bucket parts work out.

6. Man that just sucks. When I get back from Canada if you need some help changing stuff over let me know and I will drive over from SD and give you a hand!
    Fuzzy

7. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

sorry to hear about your wagon, I'd love to have a daily driver like that. :(

Good to hear you were able to track down the idiot that hit you.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks Fuzzy! I really appreciate that and might take you up on it in the near future. I'll build ya the best damn steak you've ever had, and provide ya with a comfy place to stay while your over here. In the mean time, have a very safe trip and enjoy!!

Thanks 'Peach! I did love that dumb little thing. Almost too much according to my hot rod buddies who have been yelling at me to get my Plymouth back into daily driver status. My recommendation is to get a Falcon for your self if you want goofy , happy fun everyday.

Well, no radiator yet. Should be tomorrow...

9. Chip
    A good frame shot should be able to pull that back out without much problem.

10. daddio211

daddio211

11. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Subscribed.

One of the greatest T-Bucket odysseys ever, and it started with a car that already rolled! :D

Sucks about your wagon. Did the drunk lady at least hurt herself in the process?

It's not too much to ask, IMO, that drunks severely hurt or kill themselves while they're fucking up other people's lives.

It's really the least they could do.

In a perfect world, they'd do it alone on a deserted stretch of road, where the cops have to follow the circling vultures to find their carcass.

I don't care for drunks . . .

Hopefully your project will take a good turn here with the increased attention and help brighten your month.

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just picked up my Buick drums from sir John Evans here in town! He modified them to work with the F1 hubs I have and drilled a 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern while he was at it. I'll shoot some pictures later. Hopefully, my radiator will get here today...

14. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Sorry to see and hear about the Wagon. Lawyer up and settle for Full Replacement Value Only. You may want to get an appraisal on your loss and stick to it.
    Still following the T-Thread. Hang in there !!! ............ Jeff

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's almost like Christmas around here today! I was out looking at stuff on the "T" a bit ago and the big brown truck rolled to a stop with my radiator on board! While being of the finest quality that Judy's cousins can manage, it's not stellar. Not bad, not horrible, but not stellar. I picked it because it was three row,(NOT 3 CORE! I had an old guy boss at the radiator shop I worked at as a teen that would slap the back of my head until I used "ROW" instead of "CORE"!) and had a brazed core instead of epoxy set headers. The company also takes the time to actually cut round holes for the inlets and outlets instead of simple hole saws and blockages. We'll see how it works. If it doesn't fair well, I'll spend the big bucks and have something made. I fit works great, I'll laugh manically at my good fortune for a change! Far better than dodging free falling anvils, which with my luck lately, I fear is next. My dogs refused to move until the picture was finally snapped...

The other good thing today, I got paid by one of my clients and decided to take some of my new found fortune out to "sir" John Evans and pick up my Buick brake drums set up for F-1 hubs and F-250 self energizing backing plates. Some studs, and some bearing and I'll be rocking this deal! Oh, back into the bead blaster with them before hand.

Attached Files:

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

17. Unless someone else has already blasted the drums in the past, a much more "Buick drum" looking finish can be done with aluminum brightener from the big truck wash.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Gang! Hopefully the T-Bucket faithfull will see this and help me with my dilemma.

If you had my car, which would you rather run for a grill shell? I have a steel original, unchromed "T" piece, and a I have a glass '32 piece that I would fabricate an aluminum belled hole insert for.... Just not sure which I want to do. I was out this morning cutting the old too high radiator mounts out, and spent a bit of time straightening out the "T" shell too. It's a cool aftermarket from way back in the day that has a recess for a Model "A" type porcelain Ford oval embossed, but other wise is the same dimensionally as a standard "T" piece.

What say you guys? Which would you rather see?

19. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

If it was mine i would use with the "T" shell.

20. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

First reaction is T shell - pics would help

21. T shell..........

22. That duece shell needs alot of work but would look awesome with the vibe the car has now. go with the duece shell.

23. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Did not the "little woman" decree that you'd be using the 32 shell?

Make unconsulted changes at your own peril my friend. . . .

;)

brEad likes this.
  24. daddio211

daddio211

25. n847

n847

I like 32 shells but you cant go wrong...a agree a picture would help!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Okay, I shot some quickies while I was arguing with the insurance company over what constitutes "reasonable" in regards to the wagon....

Bare in mind that I will be able to drop this whole deal down about 1/2" more than it is now. I also got out this morning and cut out the two random sized pieces of angle iron that served as radiator mounts in this cars first incantation. What say ye!

...And yes CoolHand, that is a concern! She does dig Grabowski's car...

Attached Files:

27. Mike

Mike

Duece shell are definately used very often on hot rods ('cause they look good), but you don't see them used so much on T-Buckets these days.

I say go with the Duece shell. It will stand out from the crowd, and as Ron said, it suits the vibe of the machine.

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

What the bleep man, just bleepin do what ya bleepin want! Bleep, its your bleepin T, all these bleeps dont know whats what!!......

Then, do what mama says......lol

Deuce gets my vote, though really interested in your idea on the insert.

brEad likes this.
  29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I hear ya Louie! The problem is I like both very much. I am completely torn as to which way to go at this point. If I go "T", it'll have an expanded aluminum insert much like Rolland's redo of Ivo's "T", and the small pan that covers the negative space at the front of the car. If I go deuce, the aluminum insert will be belled to leave a small space at the center to include a tiny "Roth" type monster holding a bucket of assholes and armpits to signify the car's nick name The Bucket of Ugly...

Damn it, I can see it either way! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!