Hey gang, As lots of you know, I post over here a lot. I like to answer technical and historical stuff, and at least 50% of the time, I'm kinda right! But I have never tried my hand at a "build thread" before. I do suck at stopping long enough to shoot pictures, but I will try to discipline myself to do it. I can only post from my computer, so as I go thought this just remember to click on the photos and they'll get big enough to see. This all started about a year ago. A good client and friend of mine called me and asked if I could squeeze in a quicky project for him. He had spent the last couple of years picking up disparate T- Bucket parts at swaps across the southwest and felt he had enough stuff to build a roller. He brought the pile over, I spent a couple of weeks tabbing it all together, cheated the proportions to make it look pretty good, and sent it home a roller. He and another friend then set about doing all the things that make a car a runner. Many things such as the wiring and brake lines and such were done to a "less than perfect" level, the car started, driven around the neighborhood, covered and forgotten. About six months ago, The incredible Miss Judy and I stopped by Roy's to check out something on another project, and she asked what was under the tarp back in the corner. What ensued was five and a half month bargaining and bartering session the likes of which the world will never see again!!! Picture a sassy, cute, but totally un-understandable Chinese gal verbally duking it out with a "been there, done that" large bearded biker, both working hard to screw each other in the process... For five months!!! Good times. When all was said and done, the sale of our beloved '71 Maverick sealed the funds to make the deal happen, and the "Bucket of Ugly" was ours. Now, this is not going to be a "build thread" in the common sense of the word, this will be more of a "wiping the ugly off and putting cool in it's place" thread. It seems so many buckets get so many unfortunate things done to them during the build, then make the Craig'slist cheap. What I'm going to do with this thread is attempt to show how to take a cheap bucket with good bones and make it something to be enjoyed and "cool" as inexpensively as possible. I'll do this by Backdating things to create a very early sixties vibe. Some will cry Foul because I have a great many things saved up for this car. I understand that mid sixties American straight spoke Torque Thrusts and cheater slicks don't fall off of trees, but I have collected many over the years, and they are still out there to buy. But, there are many, many more currently available substitutes inexpensively available these days too. I'll point these out as I go if I can. I'll be concentrating my efforts in a few basic ways. Correct tires and wheels, improved exhaust system to later be replaced with something much better, clean up of the wiring and hydraulic systems, A much more appropriate interior and tonnue covers, and better seating position. It may get painted, as a friend of mine has offered his services in that department. The rest will be more detail oriented, I might swap the tube axle for an "I" beam and drill it full of holes, I will probably change the tail lights and plate mounts. That's it for tonight. For now feast your eyes on the starting point for the "Bucket of Ugly"... Drove it home like this two weeks ago tonight.