Register now to get rid of these ads!

History THE "BO HUFF TRIBUTE PAGE"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

[​IMG] Again, the last few months (and almost all this year), I have been slowed down by friends, relatives being very ill, or, passing away. I'm usually able to visit here more often, but 2015 has been hard-hitting & stressful to say the least.

It truly hit me hard when my friend - and yours - Bo Huff passed away in August. So, at that time I put together EIGHT of his favorite stories from our yearly Interview sessions...and placed them on the Front Page of the HOF Legends Site so you could enjoy his great sense-of-humor, spot-on Info of every build, and, that great voice that had to be heard...reading about his cars and seeing pix of them is so very cool, BUT, listening to him tell the history of each one is really a treat !

SO, I've worked to build & add a PERMANENT Tribute Page to Bo and his "Great 8" Interview Stories that you can access anytime you want. I've revised & revamped some of the Info & photos, and, once you get to the Page, simply scroll-down to the Interview you want to hear and Click-On the Link to that story, and it will take you that specific Interview Page.

From your eMails, I know that many of you were hearing these for the first time when I Posted them back in August...and I'm so happy that you heard 'em ! For others of you who may not have listened to them before, AND, for those who'd like to hear them again, here is the direct link to "The Bo Huff Tribute Page":
    http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage92.html

My best to you all, and I pray you stay safe & well...

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

PS: Bo always loved that GREAT Max Grundy artwork with his image (shown at the Top of the Thread) ! Thanks again to you Max !!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, very Cool - Thanks for all that you have done to make this happen

3. verde742

verde742

could not get mine to work.

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Sorry you had a problem. I just checked them all and they work perfectly. Just make sure you have the Adobe Flash App installed on your comp., it's free, and you should be okay.

Many thanks for letting me know.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

JJ...
    Many thanks for your kind words...always appreciated, my friend. Also, hope you & yours are okay !

Jonnie legends.thewwbc.net

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Update To All: If you're planning to go to the "Huff-a-Rama" next Weekend in Ontario, CA. to meet up with Jr. Huff & Maddy, or, if you're new to the H.A.M.B, or, if you missed this Special Tribute Page that I created for Bo right after he passed away last year...I wanted to give you a heads-up on it if you'd like to check-it-out as I've added some new info & revised a few things.

As stated at the Top of this Thread, it's a collection of Bo's "Great Eight"...the EIGHT coolest stories from our Interview Sessions from 2009-2014. It's always so good to hear Bo's voice again. His honesty, sense-of-humor, and, love of the Custom Kulture...shows in every story. Here's the Link for you, and if you have any Bo stories you want to share please do !

Best to all,
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net

7. One of my favorite Bo Huff stories was an article I read in Car Kulture Deluxe in which he was customizing 2 '49 Lincoln two door sedans (ironically I own a '49 Lincoln coupe) and I was both happy and surprised because I thought I'd never see the day anyone would build a custom out of a car like that. I can honestly say that I will definitely enjoy this thread. Great story and great thread.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. You're welcome Jonnie, if you're ever in the market for such a vehicle the Lincoln I have is for sale. Thanks for the quote and happy thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

chryslerfan55...
    Thanks for reminding me of that story ! I had looked at my copy of CKD that had that build in it a few weeks back. Those '49 Lincoln's are cool in their own way, and rare.

ALL of Bo's builds were unique...and when you go down the List of his Great Eight, you find out how many different style's he loved to create...and some of the words he created were just as unique !
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net[/QUOTE]

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Jonnie - Thanks for bringing back link

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

JJ...
    Your welcome for sure. I know from the eMails I've gotten over the last few months, and all the people I talked to at the KKOA Lead Sled in Salina this year, that Bo's still on the minds of so very many. And, with the Ontario get-together this weekend, this would give all a chance to re-live these Interviews again.
    Jonnie
    www.legends.thewwbc.net