Register now to get rid of these ads!

the BEST thing at the Detroit Autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Mar 12, 2007.

1. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks hotrod1940........... I'll post pictures of the build of this car if Dan allows it.

2. ash

ash
    from Detroit

It's a Schroeder box. For sprint cars...
    My dad said they are great guys to deal with..
    They're out of Burbank Ca...

3. superleggera

superleggera

not quite 30 days to the SEMA debut -- any updates or "sneak peaks"? I'm sure it's last minute assembly time now...

4. customcory

customcory

I love this car , and I can't wait to see it finished. I been thinking about a golden sub concept for years . I drew this in '02, but had it on the drawing board for years. If I had money it would be sitting in the garage!:D

Dsc00165.jpg

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I talked to Dan earlier this week. Work has slowed on this project for personal reasons. He told me it probably won't make SEMA but look for it early next show season. He also informed me of a new aquisition. Let's just say it's Miller time.

6. superleggera

superleggera

Thanks "FlatHeadPete" for the update. Hopefully it debuts at the Riddler then in Michigan -- definitely worthy if it turns out as nice as Ashely's roadster.

So what kind of Miller was acquired? Front or rear drive? Definitely some of the most beautiful racecars ever made. Harry Miller's contributions are still under appreciated by most people.

Cory -- great artwork! Hopefully you get the project back on track someday -- definitely would be cool.

7. ash

ash
    from Detroit

The car is being worked on but due to the grave condition of my grandfather (my dads father) the car won't make it to Sema being we can't leave my gradfathers side.. Thank you for your concers and we promise we won't let you Miller fans down... Thanks for the kind words... And the new lastest project I can't tell you what it is but were very excitied... I just love going to my dads shop... :D :cool: I hope you all live eveyday to the fullest because I've really learned alot about caring people in hospice...

8. bashton

bashton

Sorry to hear about your Gramps, Ash, I went through the same thing with my own Mother a little over a year ago and it isn't fun. Keep your head up and remember the good times you have had with him. I like what you said about living everyday to the fullest!

I look forward to seeing your Dad's latest creation...when the time is right!

BA

9. superleggera

superleggera

The debut can wait -- family is ALWAYS more important when it comes to the bigger things like life itself.

Hang in there, you have the right attitude about living life. (Glad to hear your dad has the right attitude about taking care of family first also.)

10. ash

ash
    from Detroit

thanks for the support.. We won't dissapoint any of you with this car, and the new one planned... I'll try to keep you all updated as much as I can... With college and all it gives me not much of a life.. We got big plans for it can't wait and we get alot of emails and questions on when it's gonna be done and if people can come see it...

11. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Wait till you guys see the updated roaters and cool calipers.. Same setup but way cooler... Whoever comes into the shop about falls over when they see them.. I'm going to keep you updated with little info intill the car is totaly complete.. And wait till you all see the nose and the radiator, it's beautiful and the radiator is just pure genius and way ahead of today it sucks that no one has really had this idea before...
    But you'll have to wait and see

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

can't wait to see it Ash. might have to make a trip to Burtontucky real soon ;)

13. Stone

Stone

I know its going to be cool. Can't wait for pics.

14. The "new one"??? Can't wait- and keeping the prayers going for your family.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Spoke to Dan the Man today. It's been along time since I've heard him so excited about aproject. He says, "Thsi is the Ridler car, Ashley's roadster, the 3 window and all the Ferrari's wraaped in one car. I can't beleive it's mine." Lucky bastard. Can't wait to see it.

16. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

These are the kind of cars that should be winning the AMBR and Ridler awards!

Ones that are designed, built, and owned by real car guys & gals. Not over built and over polished, 24" wheeled, blank check conflogrumations!

I love looking at cars that are fabricated from scratch and you can tell it.

I just don't get the cars that are winning all these major awards that have everything including the air in the tires chromed.

17. Mike53

Mike53

Autorama 08?

18. slammed1

slammed1

The attention to detail and the fab/metal work is amazing in itself.

19. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

These are the knid of cars that should be winning the AMBR and Riddler awards!....

Please spell Ridler correctly.

20. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

My god....
    just the hours of layout alone......not to mention actual build time.

Sheesh!

I really like the 1/4 elliptical/4 link set up out back. it's so simple, yet so very complicated. very nice indeed.

21. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks all for the kind words. Were very excited about this project..
    YES Autorama 08. I wanna post picts so bad, but you'll have to just wait and see...

Ashley Webb

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sheer, unadulterated madness! I love it!

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Very Cool stuff ! :D

Attached Files:

24. jimdillon

jimdillon

Harms Way, Great photos-do you have any info on the venue of the Sub at speed? With the #27 I would assume it was the summer of 1917 when he was match racing DePalma. Looks to be a road course though, just curious any info.-Jim

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

Sorry, I really don't,... I think these two pictures are relatively unseen before,.. (could be wrong, if I am please correct me) I ran across them about 3 months ago. What do you think of the one with Barney at the wheel ?

26. WATKINS BOYZ

WATKINS BOYZ

dan webb is sooooo kool i wish i could come hang out at his shop . ash can you put in a good word for me?

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

Here is a couple more shots of the chassis,... I hope this shows more detail and isn't to repetitious,.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. malkintent

malkintent

that is some amazing fab and engineering

29. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Here is a few of my many pictures on file. Thought you may enjoy some of the history like we do.

My dad and I were going thru all my build pictures last night of the sub because I'm working on the buildbook, he said he forgot how much work all that was... And it was a ton, can't wait for all of you to see..

Ashley Webb

Attached Files:

30. jimdillon

jimdillon

I have a few photos of the Sub but have seen very few with the #27 painted on the car. Here is a photo of Oldfield and DePalma going at it at Milwaukee in 1917. They had a series of match races around the country in 1917 but they were run most on race tracks (albeit some state fair type old modified horse tracks). I am not aware of any road courses and that is what your photo seems to indicate. I have researched the races (I thought) pretty well since buying the remains to DePalma #4 Packard years ago. Now your photo has thrown me a curve because I was not aware of any such course that Oldfield had run at least during the time he was running the number 27. It is possible that it is not a road course but maybe a track in Atlanta or maybe a publicity photo, as Oldfield was never shy about self promotion. Interesting. Any story behind the photos at all? Also there are a couple of open door shots out there but once again not with the #27, at least not that I have run across.

Also a couple of shots of the Sub at the Miller Meet last summer at Milwaukee.-Jim

Attached Files: