Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Best Damned Pictures of The World Famous Swindlers Poker Run!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The PNW is awesome for everything. We just keep it under-wraps to keep the californians away

Just kidding Californians. Kinda. ;)

2. Rolf

Rolf

Ah...The town of Edison:

We decided to grab some food at what looked like a sandwich shop.
    Once in line I realized it was some upety fo-fo food that was offered.
    Well, I am manly enough to order a Quiche I suppose...

After waiting 25 min I got up and asked a guy behind the counter if my food was coming soon. After all, I had just dropped $15.00 for a slice of quiche!

I was promptly yelled at by some other dude to not to talk to the chef!! How the hell am I suppose to know that he is the chef? Maybe he should have a chef hat??

Anyway, I circled around the counter and then asked the man that yelled at me how my food was doing.

He yelled again: Sit down, it's coming!!

I had no idea the soup nazi had moved to Edison :D

Never get boring when you hang with the Swindlers!

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I ate at the same place, the wait was worth every minute, had probably the best tacos I have ever eaten

4. I ate at the one that the 49 Ford was at. This was Lones Star I think. The service was great, the food was great and the waitress was a beauty. The Bloody Mary was also killer. Looks like you picked door number 3 instead of 2 Rolf.

5. Rolf

Rolf

Yup, I did pick the wrong door.

Actually, I thought it was kinda funny, or "refreshing" if I may say so. I am in sales and there are times when I feel like telling my customer to go and FAAK themselves...but I can't!

Yes, the Lone Star is the shitz. Good food, good service. We always stop there when we do a two wheel day ride on murdersickels.

6. Hey Rolf, when you aren't busy, you should swing by. I probably owe you a beer or two. I'm about 5 minutes from you. You could check out the polar opposite of your garage from what I am told. LOL!

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ha! I do commercial insurance for a living! Boy do I know how you feel. One I get all the time, in a whiny, bitchy tone, "why are you asking all these questions?" I always want to say "Well, I'm bored and have nothing better to do with my time. Thats why my co-workers keep handing me phone messages every 15 seconds, and I have 300 FAAKING FILES ON MY DESK, YOU IDIOT!!"
    There should be one day a year when people that work with the "public" can say what they REALLY think.:eek::rolleyes:

8. Rolf

Rolf

Free BEER, ya sure. I hope to have time to visit soon. Thanks.

9. The Long Horn. That place was great. And yes, the waitress would have made a lovely hat.

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I think your talking about Tweets...amazing Mango Tacos. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I don't think they were used to 20 hungry Hot Rodders coming through the door all at the same time...seemed like a little more laid back kind of atmosphere where folks are usually not in a hurry to eat or move on...LOL

11. lol!!

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

book came yesterday
    best collection of hot rod history put together ever

481 pages makes a heavy book,
    quality images and great reading
    wouldn't expect less from The Rodder's Journal

thanks for the tip
    and for your part in it
    great interview with Dick Page, a true local icon

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

^ Thanks Paul, glad you got it. I agree ....the best book of "Snapshots" ever....LOL

14. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Finally had time to look through this thread, one I look forward to seeing every fall. Thanks for all of the photos!

Malcolm

15. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Oh, man. I wish I had a running rod and known about it! I would have just come down to look at the cars! I guess I have a goal for next fall then. I might try to join in with my roadster that I got from Rolf. :D

16. great pics,looked like a hell of a day