Register now to get rid of these ads!

The best damned pictures of the 2014 GNRS.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

Thank you to you, and your wife, for the great coverage.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All now fading to a very fond memory of my weekend get away!!

3. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your right the Best so far!! I, am pissed I didn't go!!!!

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goodbye Pomona 76 degree weather and back to Fog and 40s!!! I will miss you!!! Until next time!!!!!

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

So, was there anything interesting at the show???
    THANKS for an absolutely magnificent post! Going through it felt like getting 5 new issues of Rodder's Journal simultaneously!
    (And I note that about 897 more great pictures appeared while I typed a sentence!!)

6. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

VERY VERY VERY NICE JOB on the pictures! Thank You to you and your wife for taking them and for posting them up!

7. I think that your camera has cataracts on a lot of those shots. Made my eyes hurt..;)

8. Thanks, for the "best damned pictures of the 2014 GNRS". What an incredible array of fine rides. I really was glad to see Dave York's roadster, from up here in Canada. I studied that car last Sept. at the Ocean Park Ford show and can honestly say, I have not been that impressed with a car at a show in a long time.

9. If you like the pictures, you should plan on making it in 2015. I found a great deal on www.cheaptickets.com and got airfare, motel for 2 nights and car rental for 3 full days for $380. I took off work Friday, got up at 4:00AM which came way too early as both my wife and I slept 0 hrs!!!! We caught the 7:00 AM flight, got to Pomona at 9:30 and started enjoying the California life!!! Sunshine , mid 70s in January and nonstop fun. We had a real crappy sleep on Fridaynight/Saturday morning but got up at 7:30 and drove to the Fairplex 15 minutes away. We had a blast and then left at about 4:00 PM, went out to dinner, went to a Movie and then went back to the Motel. Sunday, we did some cruising around but by then my wife started feeling sick. We caught the plane at 5:00PM, got back home at 11:00 PM and thought how it seemed we were gone a week!!! What a blast. All except the wife being sick.
    Now back to reality. Which isn't so bad!!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. The camera was unfortunately set on Soft? WTF!!! Why cant Camera's have one setting and then do your editing on a software program on your computer!!! My wife just got the camera and wasn't familiar with the buttons, knobs etc!!

11. belair

belair

I thought the pics of the glass doors were stunning. Thanks for posting. Some really great cars.

12. The glass doors have a story. There was a beautiful Roadster in the winning circle that crashed through the pillars running down a judge on Wednesday. If you see the skid marks on the carpet, that's where the guy lost control.

13. Still a great bunch of photos. I will just look at them with my glasses on.
    Thanks for your effort.

14. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Great pics Thanks!

15. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

TREMENDOUS JOB!!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Redpantsredpantsredpants pants...

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is why I posted the pictures of the glass as this car went through them 2 days before I took the pictures. I bet not one person knew that these were smashed and this was on Wednesday. That's why I took the pictures of the storefront and the skid marks on the carpet. It turned out that the guy had socks on the pedals, had never driven the car before and most likely started skidding with very light throttle, tried hitting the brakes ad panic'd. I know that it took a while to get use to my 1936 Ford as the gas is separated from the brake with the column so its mandatory to two foot my car. It took me a while and the first few days of driving it, if I had to hit the brake real fast I might have lifted off the gas and hit the steering column as you cant reach the brake with your right foot. And this Model A has way less room up front. He ran over a Judge who ended up with 2 broken ribs and stitches in his head but will recover fully. The driver felt terrible and I'm sure he will never forget this incident. Its really too bad but sometimes human nature has a little hick up. Even with modern cars you hear people driving into storefronts, garage doors and houses.

NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!!!! :)

17. And I thought the glass doors were stunning also as to temporarily fix them to where even the people that heard about the accident didn't even notice where it happened. They just put glass in and nailed plywood that was way wider than the metal post was and then painted it with anodized bronze paint. I bet they had it all fixed in less than 24 hours temporarily. Unfortunately the car will take a lot longer and his ego will never be fixed.

Go back and see my last post for the rest of the story about the glass doors.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

note to self...do not be a whiny ass bitch

'bout time you posted pics after I called you out...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Thanks for the journey and coverage. Well done.

20. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Awesome coverage. Thanks a million for posting your pics.

21. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Best damned coverage! Thank you

22. Hey I never said Whiny ass bitch. No ass was mentioned. :)

23. She really takes great pictures. More than just the cars. She gets the whole feel of the events. And when I saw the camera set to Soft, I knew it was too late. Its a new camera to her and she isn't electronically programmed. Somehow she turned a knob from automatic to soft. The clear pictures look unreal. Way better than my cameras quality.

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

touche' mon ami

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Absolutely fantastic collection of pictures of the 2014 GNRS. I really enjoyed the variety of your pictures, everything from hot rods and customs to shots of people taking in the show and even pictures of the palm trees. Right now it is absolutely freezing here in Canada but your pictures believe it or not have made me feel warm again. Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and thinking of others. Your post was very much appreciated!!!

26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thank you very much. Those were excellent and exhaustive. My only question is what happened to the guy in the second shot that seems to have budged into the line? LOL

27. I love getting away especially to anywhere there are palm tree's!!! My wife and I took a bunch of the flora and fauna there but I'd hate to get my post deleted by posting a few more of the not so car friendly pictures. :)
    Its only a 5 hr flight from where you are!! :) . I don't envy any of you in the Midwest and east coast. Hard to beat 76 degrees in January even if I was only there for 3 days.

28. You didn't see him in any of my other pictures in the show now did you!! LOL!!