Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Beaver Creek 29 Coupe build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by baspinall, Apr 28, 2018.

1. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

Ok so I started a thread about my first patch panel attempt the other day. Decided to just do a build thread. First thread is here.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/first-time-sheet-metal-repair.1105305/

So today I finished up the lower face of the passenger A post. I still have some repairs to do on the inside lip which is missing a chunk and also has pin holes in a few areas as well as the bottom lip. Not really sure how to go about the bottom of this pillar. You can see the bondo still left in the dimples everywhere. Didn't want to just start grinding at it.

Attached Files:

2. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

For the other side A pillar the whole bottom is missing. It had this horrendous patch riveted in. I scored a donor pillar from Big Deuce on here. The top of the donor is tweaked pretty bad so I just want to cut the bottom half off and use it. My question is where should I cut it? My thought process say's to just cut the very bottom below the hinge. The less the better so the current pillar stays more structurally intact.
    Make sense? Just want to run it by here before I whack it. Also any tips on getting this thing lined up perfect will not go on deaf ears.

Attached Files:

spurgeonforge likes this.