Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Babbitt Bank Trophy - Dirt Racing in Japan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Babbitt Bank Trophy - Dirt Racing in Japan

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Stogy, 40two, HEMI32 and 1 other person like this.
  2. sololobo

sololobo

What a blast and a great selection of traditional hot rods. I love the Japanese people and have been blessed to have dealt with them in the vintage clothes business for years. I have a Japanese hot rod buddy with a great 35 Ford slant back, and Kiyoshi really lives the lifestyle.

Stogy likes this.
  3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah great to see this day featured! Thanks @Jive-Bomber

It was an epic day and the guys didnt hold back thrashing their cars. Even my wife enjoyed it except for the dust lol.

There is another event coming up in early July that I'll miss (https://www.instagram.com/dusters_cup/)

Then than some beach racing later in the year that I will be at (https://www.instagram.com/chirihama_sandflats_official/).

These events and many others plus the Mooneyes Show are awesome examples of how vibrant the scene is here.

KKrod and Stogy like this.
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I was stationed in Japan in the mid-1980s and there was one of those recreational areas on a river near where I lived (Zama / Atsugi / Kamiseya / Yamato). I did my impersonation of Ricky Johnson there on a street legal Yamaha 350 Enduro that was my daily weather permitting. Dirt bikes were a bid deal at that particular site. The 350 was a lousy off road bike, but I got a good work out. I never realized why those areas were created. Nice to know. Even better now with old cars.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    panhead_pete likes this.