Register now to get rid of these ads!

The AZTEC (history)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TomWar, Sep 19, 2009.

1. TomWar

TomWar

Barry Mazza asked me to post this:
    How to be Sneaky, Underhanded, Vile and Contemptible for Fun and Profit

Bank Robber’s Blog - Bobby Wilcoxson - Al Nussbaum - Professional Bank Robbers, 1960 - 1962

<HR>Archive for the ‘The Aztec Custom Chevy Fans’ Category

The Aztec Customized 1955 Chevrolet

<SMALL>Saturday, August 23rd, 2008</SMALL>
    [​IMG]

One Eye” Bobby Wilcoxson liked fast women, fast horses and fast cars. With proceeds from one of his bank heists, Wilcoxson bought one of the most famous hot rod’s ever customized. The Aztec, a 1955 Chevy, was many things but fast one not one of them.
    William “Bill” Carr, an insurance company adjuster from Hollywood, California by way of West Virginia, moonlighted as a hot rod customizer in the 1950’s. Carr worked nights in a shop owned by George Barris, the legendary hot rodder and famous creator of the original TV Batmobile, the Munster’s Coach, and the Black Beauty from the Green Hornet, just to name a few.
    Carr bought a brand new 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air and customized it. The Aztec appeared at a hot rod show in Washington D.C. in June, 1959 where Carr told a Washington Post reporter $20,000 had been spent customizing the Chevrolet Bel Air convertible.
    Sometime in 1961 or 1962, Carr sold the Aztec to Bob Wilcox, one of Wilcoxson’s aliases, for some cash and a new Pontiac. A short time later, FBI agents showed up at Carr’s house with questions.
    Before anyone knew Wilcoxson was a wanted man, he left the Aztec for safe keeping in Phoenix, Arizona, in my grandparent’s garage. My father, an auto body and fender repairman and expert car painter in Salinas, California, visited his parents in Phoenix and looked the car over.
    “A lot of the body was molded from lead so it was a heavy car,” Jim Hurley said. “It was so heavy that changing one flat tire required a floor jack lifting the frame behind each wheel well.”
    Wilcoxson was soon named a public enemy and the FBI seized the Aztec from my grandparents garage. It is said the G-men tore the car apart looking for loot, weapons and evidence.
    The Aztec was eventually auctioned to a man in New Jersey who modified the original customizing, and sold it. The FBI eventually seized the car again when one of its subsequent owners was caught transporting illegal substances. Thus, the “Curse of The Aztec” was born.
    The car sat rotting away in a New Jersey junkyard. Barry Mazza, a hot rod man now living in Florida, acquired the corpse of the Aztec in 1991, barely saving the classic’s remains from the jaws of a car crusher.
    Today, thanks to Mazza’s tender loving care, The Aztec is restored to its original customized glory. The popular car appears periodically at hot rod shows around the country.
    FAIR USE NOTICE: Portions of this site may cite copyrighted material. We cite such material in our efforts to advance understanding of criminal justice, historical true criminal acts, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those interested in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

Posted in The Aztec Custom Chevy Fans | No Comments »

<HR><!-- If you'd like to support WordPress, having the "powered by" link somewhere on your blog is the best way; it's our only promotion or advertising. -->How to be Sneaky, Underhanded, Vile and Contemptible for Fun and Profit is proudly powered by WordPress
    Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS). <!-- 17 queries. 0.055 seconds. -->

<!-- Gorgeous design by Michael Heilemann - http://binarybonsai.com/kubrick/ -->

2. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Wow, didn`t know all of that. Great story, thanks for sharing.

3. TomWar

TomWar

A little More:
    BobbyWilcoxson.com ~ AlNussbaum.com ~ Notorious Bank Robbers of the early 1960's. Former FBI Top Ten Fugitives in 1962. <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 bgColor=#54c0c0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" colSpan=3 align=right>[​IMG][​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" colSpan=3 align=right><TABLE id=table62 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" height=149><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><!-- dark grey line --><TR><TD colSpan=3 align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top rowSpan=3 width=145>
    <TABLE id=table106 border=1 width=140 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE id=table107 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=140 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Home</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Introduction</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>The Chronicles</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>The People</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>The Banks</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Contact Us</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Administration</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE id=table108 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=140><TBODY><TR><TD class=style27 bgColor=#003333>Links</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style27 bgColor=#003333>FBI : Odd Couple</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style27 bgColor=#003333>FBI : Top Ten Wanted</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style27 bgColor=#003333>FBI : Unknown Robbers</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style27 bgColor=#003333>The Hot Rod Cars</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=510>
    Bobby Wilcoxson
    Professional Bank Robber and Career Criminal.
    <TABLE id=table52 border=0 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#ffffff cellPadding=0 width=440><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff vAlign=top borderColor=#ffffff width=331>Bobby Wilcoxson - Bobby Randell Wilcosxon was born July 10, 1929, in East Duke, Oklahoma. He worked as a crew foreman in the lettuce fields of the Salinas Valley in California. Wilcoxson was well respected as a crew boss because spoke Spanish and physically intimidated migrant workers who wouldn&#8217;t produce enough. He worked in the produce business in Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. Wilcoxson also worked as a house painter, service station attendant and a used-car salesman before turning into a professional criminal.
    When Wilcoxson was a youngster, his stepfather hammered a piece of metal, sending a splinter into the boy&#8217;s right eye. The FBI publicity machine would eventually brand the bandit "One Eye" Bobby Wilcoxson in 1962.
    "One Eye" Bobby Wilcoxson and his crime partner Albert Nussbaum of Buffalo, New York, were prolific bank robbers between 1960 and 1962, knocking over seven banks during an eighteen month run. Wilcoxson robbed one bank twice! They stole at least $248,000 which by some estimates is roughly the equivalent of $2 million in 2008.
    Peter Columbus Curry, Jr., of Quitman, Georgia, joined Wilcoxson and Nussbaum on December 15, 1961 - the trio holding up a branch of the Lafayette National Bank in Brooklyn, New York. Wilcoxson entered the bank and pumped four rounds from a Thompson Submachine gun into the chest of bank guard Henry Kraus, mortally wounding him.
    In February, 1962, Curry was the first of the three arrested by the FBI.
    It is reported J. Edger Hoover dubbed Wilcoxson "the most wanted man since Dillinger." On February 23, 1962, the FBI named Wilcoxson to the famous "Most Wanted List" and circulated over 1 million "wanted" posters. Nussbaum was added to the list on April 3, 1962.
    The G-Men declared the robbers dangerous, warning the pair were armed with hand-grenades and 25 submachine guns.
    "They will not hesitate to open fire," the wanted posters declared.
    When rumors placed the robbers in Canada and The United Kingdom, the Canadian Royal Mounted Police and the Bobbies of Scotland Yard joined the manhunt. Over 600 FBI agents searched worldwide for Nussbaum, Wilcoxson and Wilcoxson&#8217;s 19 year old "paramour," Jacqueline Ruth Rose, a former waitress of Paoli, Indiana and Delray Beach, Florida.
    Nussbaum was captured by the FBI after a high speed car chase through Buffalo in the predawn hours of November 4, 1962.
    Midmorning on Saturday, November 10, 1962, Wilcoxson and Rose came out of their rented home in Baltimore, Maryland, triggering a swarm of 30 FBI agents.
    To avoid a death sentence, Wilcoxson pled guilty to eight bank robberies and the murder of the guard Kraus. He was sentenced to life in prison in April, 1964, with eligibility for parole in 1979. Wilcoxson went to the United States Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia on March 3, 1964. On July 11, 1980, he was transferred to the United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas.
    Wilcoxson was paroled to Chattanooga, Tennessee in early 1982. His freedom was short lived.
    On October 23, 1982, Robert Mosher, a chemical engineer of the Dupont Corporation was murdered. A piece of plastic tarp and 10 inches of a mop handle were shoved down his throat.
    Wilcoxson was indicted for the homicide on December 19, 1985. He was convicted by a jury of first degree murder on November 1, 1986 in the Hamilton County, Tennessee, Criminal Court.
    Mosher&#8217;s wife, Evelyn, allegedly hired Wilcoxson to murder her husband so she could collect life insurance benefits of $209,000. According to Wilcoxson, Evelyn Mosher never paid for the hit. She was convicted for contracting the murder of her husband and received a life sentence.
    On February 13, 1987, Wilcoxson was sentenced to death by electrocution. In 1999, his death sentence was reversed on appeal for defective legal representation.
    While awaiting an appeal of his conviction, Bobby Randell Wilcoxson died of natural causes on December 9, 2006, at the age of 77 while in the custody of the Tennessee State Prison.
    Wanted: Any information regarding Bobby Randell Wilcoxson.
    Please post here or send private email to [email protected].

</TD><TD bgColor=#ffffff height=149 vAlign=top width=109 align=middle><TABLE id=table53 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Bobby
    Wilcoxson's
    FBI
    Wanted Poster
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Bobby
    Wilcoxson's
    Massachusetts
    FBI
    Wanted Poster
    </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Bobby
    Wilcoxson
    Salinas, CA
    c. 1960
    </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Bobby
    Wilcoxson
    Disguised As
    "Old Man"
    When Captured
    By FBI
    Nov. 10 1962
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Bobby
    Wilcoxson's
    Death Row
    Mug Shot
    From
    Tennessee State
    Prison - 1997
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top rowSpan=2 width=145>
    <TABLE id=table100 border=1 width=140><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE id=table109 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=140 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=style4 bgColor=#ceffff></TD></TR><TR><TD class=style4 bgColor=#ceffff>
    Your Information About
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Bobby Wilcoxson</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Al Nussbaum</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Jacqueline Ruth Rose</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff>Peter Columbus Curry</TD></TR><TR><TD class=style16 bgColor=#ceffff></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE id=table102 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ceffff><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#003333></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#003333></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=510> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top width=510> </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=bottom width=145> </TD></TR><!-- dark grey line --><TR><TD colSpan=3 align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=2> </TD><TD>
    </TD><TD rowSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=table6 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800><TBODY><TR><TD>
    BobbyWilcoxson.com ~ AlNussbaum.com
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=table101 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800><TBODY><TR><TD class=style2 colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>FAIR USE NOTICE: Portions of this site may cite copyrighted material. We cite such material in our efforts to advance understanding of criminal justice, historical true criminal acts, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those interested in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=style2 colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
    Original Content © Copyright 2008. All Rights Reserved. ​
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=style2> </TD><TD vAlign=top>
    </TD><TD class=style2> </TD></TR><TR><TD>
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>
    Terms of Use - Privacy Policy​
    </TD><TD>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    <!-- InstanceEnd -->

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

what? that's crazy.
    i've always loved that car. not so sure about the roof, nut the rest of it is pretty damn cool.

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Now thats nuts. Thanks for a great read!

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I didn't see anything about it being a raffle car for a time. No I'm not on the pipe!

I can't pin down the exact year in my head but I was completely fascinated with the Aztec back then and had every magazine that it had been featured in.

One afternoon I walked out of my house to see the Aztec drive up my street... Oglethorpe st in Hyattsville, Md. To me that was the equivalent of seeing the current Riddler award winner drive up your street in a working class suburb. Needless to say I was blown away. What was it doing in Md.? There was no mistaking the Aztec.

A day or 2 later it was displayed in the court of Prince Geoge's Plaza...one of the new, at that time, shopping malls albeit an outdoor mall. They were raffling it off. I was able to get a close up look at it. I did not buy a ticket.

The scuttlebutt later was that someone sold raffle tickets at many locations around the country and obviously a ticket was never drawn. I don't know who owned it at that time.

I guess nobody bitched about it not being awarded so there was no investigation or a raffle fraud was just not important.

7. John Denich

John Denich

WOW great read!

8. awesome. tommy, that's a crazy story.

9. I remember seeing the Aztec at an ISCA show in the old Baltimore Civic Center in the late 70's. At the time I believe the car was either owned or leased by ISCA guru Bob Lavrie.(sp)
    I'm wondering how this dovetails into the story above.

Tommy...approximatly what year did you see it in Hyattsville?

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Early sixties. 63-65ish. The car was not that old. That is why it was so jaw dropping. I was able to see it again after it was restored at the Gettysburg KKOA show several years ago.

11. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Wish I stumbled upon that in a junkyard....damn. I remember seeing pics of when they found it.

12. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Tommy, I felt the same way about the car when it drove past me here in Fla about 2 miles from my house!

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

WOWIE! Whata EBay or auction house promo speal this story would make!

I hope that Dean Jeffries don't read that bit 'bout "The Black Beauty" & its' build bein' attributed to Barris! Yikes!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

14. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Interesting story, but not entirely correct. There's quite a few details that aren't right, though the "vibe" of the story is pretty close.
    I believe after Wilcoxson, the car was owned by the guy who owned the race track on Rt 30 in PA. The car was also owned breifly by Jack Peed in VA, and perhaps Sonny Dauot as well (I think he STILL has the original hood hanging in his garage).
    THEN the car came to Jersey...owned by Walter Trapp. Now, bvery few people knew of it's existance by then, or even cared. Cecil Proffitt tried to buy the car many times from Walt. My mentor in customwork, John Pazcik, knew Walter, and Walter actually talked to him about restoring the car. Unfortunately, John wasn't producing the work, like he did in the old days, and Walter brought it to another shop. I often think what it would have been like to have worked on that car if John had gotten the OK to do it!
    The owner of the shop was evading paying income tax, and eventually had the shop padlocked, and the car wound up in a junkyard in NJ. Walter lost track of it, until a friend of his saw it and told him where it was. Walt looked at it and considered leaving it there! His children convinced him to recover it, and bring it home again.
    Eventually. Barry and Bob Nitti convinced Walter to part with it.
    There is a chrome plater (A & M I think) in North Jersey who still had the chrome off the car. He wanted too much money for it, so Barry passed on rescuing the original stuff and went ahead ond rebuilt the parts from scratch on the restored car.
    Walt also had a chopped and sectioned, nailhead powered early 50's BUick in the garage with the Aztec. Where is THAT now?????
    Terry Cook wrote the best history of the Aztec in Rodders Journal a few years back. Very well researched, and well written, with excellent photography of Barry and Bob's restored car.

15. The "guy" who opperated the York US30 Drag Strip was Bill Holtz. Bill was one of the foremost ISCA promoters with over a dozen shows up and down the east coast as well as being one hell of a drag race promoter. As he was the promoter of the Baltimore show, it could have been in his ownership when I saw it.

16. barry mazza

barry mazza

A little correction to the story by Chop Olds. The Aztec was taken by the Feds at the time Wilcoxson owned it. Sold at auction and ended up on a used car lot in Tuscon Az. [pic on lot was in Rod And Custon mag]. Sonny Daout had a friend or someone he knew tell him about this Kustom he saw on a lot in Az returning to Va. from duty in the service. Daout thought it was the Aztec, ran down the lot using the old Bell Tell operator. Bought the Aztec sight unseen.
    Bob Nitti had nothing to do with the very hard bargining to purchase the
    Aztec. In fact the car was sold to my wife and she did All of the talking to Walt to purchase the Aztec. I tried for 10 yrs or more and got no where!!! FACTOID.

BARRESSE'

17. got to love all the facts 1

18. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Good to see you back on the forum, Barry!!!!!!
    Feeling good I hope????????

19. barry mazza

barry mazza

Another Aztec factoid story. Upon the sale of the Aztec to Bob Wilcoxson in around 1961 or 62, [he also purchased Dean Jeffries Barris built Porsche which turned up yrs later somewhere in the South.]
    Bill Carr took his cash and bought a franchised Insurance Company. A few weeks later the FBI approched Carr with the fact that they knew his purchase was done with money from a bank heist that a murder was done. Insisting that he help the Feds get Wilcoxson back to LA from where he was hiding or else his payback to Uncle Sam would be hell.
    They ran an add in HOT ROD mag urging Wilcoxson to call about title problems with the "Aztec".
    The Feds set up in Carrs apartment complex and waited results as at the time he was on the top of the 10 most wanted list.
    Eventually Wilcoxson returned to visit Carr and was arrested. He swore to Carr that he would someday kill him and his whole family for turning on him.
    Bill Carr told me that he always was worried about him doing just that. He was aware that he had killed another person and was serving time in prison. Still he worried about the threat.
    BARRESSE'

20. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Wow! maybe the car really shoulda been renamed "The Bad Penny"!

The story of " The AZTEC " gives teeth to the old saw about " Truth bein' far stranger than fiction ever dreamed of being"!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    " All great truths begin as blasphemies"

21. Barry, what a story. You have done a great service bringing this milestone custom back to the fold. Back in the seventies, when I owned the El Matador, I tried to buy the Aztec and ran into a dead end in New Jersey. I got in touch with a body shop there and when the guy found out that I wanted to buy the Aztec, he really got nasty and told me it wouldn't ever be sold and not to call again. Glad your wife got the job done and you have done a great job bringing it back to life.
    That car proved that a modern car could be customized, and it really set the car show world on fire.

22. barry mazza

barry mazza

HOT ROD 1940.....Great car the El Matador. I always thought it was a bold statement. I once visited with John Mc Nally who owed it for sometime. Like the fellow that we got the Aztec from , John did in the El Matador.
    When the Aztec was stashed in Juguens Auto Body in North NJ I had a very close buddy working there. He told me that after the car was stripped nothing was being done. He said the boss told them to "blow smoke" at the owner when he called.
    As time went by [yrs], the Aztec was moved outside in bare metal. I made a few trips up just to see it. Setttin on little short oil drums with a pool cover over it rusting away. Every time I thought, "what a serious shame".
    Later the shop was taken by the Gov. The Aztec body was taken to a Fed Impound yard where it sat in the dirt for a few more yrs. The owner was unaware that the car was nearing the crusher.
    The fact that this car survived is amazing luck!!!!
    Your right, the owner was very hard to even talk too in person. I once talked him into letttin me take a few photos of the car. I promised "just for myself". I let someone copy them and they ended up at Barris shop. Barris called him trying to buy the car. He was so pissed at me he forbade me to ever return to his shop. I stayed away for at least 2 yrs. But came back to Try @ Buy. To no avail. He used to ask me if "I saw any FORSALE signs on the car , then say, "get lost"!!!
    BARRESSE'

23. Karrera

Karrera

Another small correction to the story - Albert Nussbaum (Wilcoxson's partner) bought the Dean Jeffries Carrera - it was driven to southern Florida (Ft Lauderdale area) where it sat in Nussbaum's sisters driveway for a while the FBI tracked him down. He was convicted but later became a screenwriter.

The Jeffries Carrera is going to be at the Amelia Island Concours next spring - I told Bill Warner that the Aztec and the Carrera had a shared history and he thinks it would be neat to have the two cars sitting side by side on the show field next March. Have Barry get in touch with Bill - he'd love to include it in the show.

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Barry, thanks for the history lesson! I knew the car had a sketchy past but wow! Do you have any pics of it in as found condition when you first rescuded it that you could post?

25. Barry, will you be at the Turkey Run this year? I have never seen the Aztec in person and I would drive down for that.

26. madwagon56

madwagon56

what a great story!!!! hey hotrod40 that so cool you owned the el matador at one time, that is one of my all time favorites next to the x-51.

27. Madwagon56, you own one of my favorites, that 55 Meeks Nomad was and is a killer machine.

28. 47 ford

47 ford

wow what a great story

29. barry mazza

barry mazza

Thanks for that correction on the "factoids", I just recall that Bill Carr mentioned that Wilcoxson also took the car along with the Aztec. Amazing stuff.
    I knew where Wilcoxson was housed and wanted to try and contact him about the part of the Aztec that he knew. However I thought better of it.
    Maybe the partner knows??? Is he still alive????
    BARRESSE'

30. twochops

twochops

Have some photos of it taken in Chicago in Feb 1971(Bill Holtz may have have owned it then)--will post them if anyone is interested.
    Was heading down hill already.------TwoChops