Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The artists we have here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flinttim, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

Some of the art work I see here is absolutely top notch stuff. It has got me to thinking and that is always a dicey situation. I have been wanting to get some T shirts made for my trim shop, both for me to wear and to hand out to my better customers. The graphics shop here does really good work and I have used them before many times, but the designers there are not really into hot rods and have a hard time understanding what I want.
    My little Crosley has become a sort of landmark here at my place and lots of folks know where I am by where they see the Crosley. I'd like to incorporate the Crosley into my shirt design. Sort of an old school Ed Roth type of thing. You know, a caricature of the actual car, all wildly blown and rodded with a some crazy son of a bitch sitting up out of the roof with shifter in hand, smoke boiling off the slicks. Good old Cartoons type stuff. And my shop name wrapped around the thing.
    Anyone here do that type of thing ? Would it even be economically feasible for me to do it ? This is uncharted waters for me and I know not much about it. It would have to be "ready art" or otherwise they hook you for what they call "clean up and setup".
    Just throwing this out there to see if it can be done, and would appreciate any input. Thanks, Tim

2. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

3. I'd look through some of the past Friday art show threads and find someone that is into that type of artwork. Then see if you can commission them to draw something up.

4. inkblots55

inkblots55
    from New York

Hi, Flint, I know this is an old thread, but here's an example of my artwork that might be similar to what you're looking for. If you are still looking to have it done. Ed[​IMG]

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The most effective art, advertising wise, especially on a T-shirt, is simple and clean with easily read lettering . The above is a good example.

6. Sent ya a pm...

7. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I can draw that style but not my speciality. Contact todd jones or nick sinclair for something cool!!

8. Post a couple of pics of your car in front of your shop.