Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Arin Cee Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by missysdad1, Jul 10, 2016.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks very much! Although this project is evolving - don't they all? - it remains pretty much as I first conceived it several years ago.

The primary differences will be to facilitate safer driving under modern conditions. Creating a mechanical clone of the hot rods built 70 years ago is fine for weekend putting and car shows, but I drive my hot rods a lot...at modern speeds under modern conditions. I also drive 'em year-round so I tend to put a lot of miles on my hot rods, which means that stuff wears out and it's a lot less hassle to use parts that can be readily found at O'Reilly's than to be sidelined for days and weeks looking for obsolete parts.

And so the concept is getting tweaked to fit today's reality in my world, not the reality of Arin's world in 1955.

And yes, one either likes roadsters...or one doesn't. Those who don't build closed cars, and those who do won't drive anything else. Hot rod diversity in action. Thanks for the kind words.

Shadow Creek and loudbang like this.
  2. Drive em he does

missysdad1 and loudbang like this.
  3. missysdad1

missysdad1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well...that was bullshit.

Arin Cee Roadster is "game on" again with zero "evolutionary" changes. The new and improved 327 motor that Joe Anonymous is building for me won't be going into Arin's roadster, it will be going into a BRAND NEW CAR, the assembly of which is scheduled to begin once Arin's car is completed.

So...stay tuned there's lots more to come.

GuyW and loudbang like this.