Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest the Allison and Red Farmer story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Nov 16, 2014.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

being a transplant to hollywood fl ,i am always interested in the history of things around here (what little is left) and i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about their south florida history. everything i read begins as they are leaving this area to head towards alabama. you never know as davey allison i think was about the same age as my wife and I , and it turned out that she knew one of harvey Crane of Crane cams daughters and went to school with her

2. Old NASCAR royalty. HRP

3. anthony myrick

anthony myrick

4. I have nothing to add to this thread but you reminded me about how I used to have a set of 427 Ford SK heads that Red Farmer used to run on one of their NASCAR engines. Haven't heard that name in years.

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Red farmer is still racing dirt. he was born in Nashville tn. I think it is the book on Bobby Allison that has the whole early history. well worth reading if you are a fan of the Alabama Gang

6. Red is in his 80s, still racing on the 1/3 mile dirt track at Eastaboga AL near the Talladega Speedway.

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think it was very early 60's, but Bobby and Donnie Allison raced super mods, then known as "Skeeters" @ the Peach Bowl Speedway on Howell Mill Rd. in ATL, GA. It was an almost flat 1/5 mile, billed as 1/4 mile asphalt track. The announcer said they were from Hallandale, FL. I remember they alwayhs ran towards the front, but never any wild, balls out fights for the win.