Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 9 Super 7?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j-stovebolt, Jan 11, 2011.

1. j-stovebolt

j-stovebolt
    from Minnesota

Is anyone out there running one of Speedways 9 Super 7 imitation Strombergs. What do you think of them? Been thinking of trying a pair on my banger build. Any feed back would be helpful.

2. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

running a set on my flathead seems to run great

3. dubcee

dubcee

Im gonna make some popcorn!

4. Phred

Phred
    from IL

I have no first hand experience with the Speedway carb. I believe Jere Jobe (vintagecarburation.com) did some testing on the Speedway carbs when they first came out, http://www.garagescene.co.uk/stuff/97.doc
    I was told that Speedway contacted Jere after the negative reoports to find out about the problems. I don't know if Speedway has made any changes.
    Vintage Speed in Florida sells a "corrected" Speedway carb at about the same price as Speedway.
    Hope this helps, have fun!

5. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

there are still a lot of original 97's out there and in my opinion they are still a bargain. if you build them right you won't have to worry about the concerns about leaking, etc., and they look much better than the repops IMHO.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Do a search man, the subject has been discussed at length. The consensus is they're horrible

7. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Buy two rebuilt Stromberg 97s for the same price and they will run great and not lose value..
    Duane.

8. ^^^^^^^^^^^Agreed!^^^^^^^^^

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I've had the Speedway carbs and they have been fine, Vintage speed also sent good carbs.

10. Master of None

Master of None

Running them on my truck. See to run fine,but do weep a little gas from the jet screws. Cant say its enough to get really mad at,or worry about just have to be smart and keep an eye on it.