Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 60th Anniversary Hot Rod Hill Climb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicks Hot Rod Garage, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I dont trust any of the waether reports here! I use my "Weather Rock" its never wrong.
    If it's white its snowing.
    If it's wet its raining.
    You get the idea. Well that s.o.b is soaked..Its really raining.

2. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Thanks Buzz for those great pics. My grandpa worked for kenz and leslie back in the day. His name was Vern Powell. Love to see the vintage photos!!!!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. VintageBuzz

VintageBuzz

jwcaddy-- You're welcome. And can you only imagine how cool it was for your grandpa and my dad to have known and interacted with Bill Kenz and Ron Leslie? My dad first met Bill Kenz back in the '40s at the midget racecar events in the Denver metro area. Then in the late '40s out at the Bonneville Salt Flats, my dad and Bill became close friends. Over the years that followed and well into the '50s, Bill often invited my dad to the K&L shop where he shared many of his flathead Ford/Merc V-8 engine-building secrets. Those had to be some great times back then. You and I only missed all of that by a generation or two. ~VB

And all of the cool cars/trucks entered for this hill climb event will bring back lots of that vintage history for all of us.

From the Lou Wendzel collection:

Attached Files:

4. Woot!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379099278.185411.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379099334.019345.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App Sucka!!!

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Very cool shots cactus1!!

6. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Denver seem to be drying off right now. May see more rain tonite.Hoping for clear skies on Sat. Heading up the hill early in the 34. All of the really crap/wet weather was north or east of us.

7. What's the status of the slide on I-70?

8. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock at the moment in Denver
    Car is ready to go and we will see you all in the morning

9. Packing up to head west early tomorrow. I'm taking my 14 year old son on his first road trip in the 32. He's so excited he can hardly stand it.

Attached Files:

10. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

This is so damn cool. Have fun.

11. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Got in my 53 ford at 5:00 tonight and it won't start . Changed my battery a month ago and ran fine and even took it down to carnage last weekend. Must be a generator? I am so pissed now but will have to take the o/t car up tomorrow. Should be a great day in the mountains and hope to talk more with ya Buzz.

12. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Had a great time on the Dinner Train. Beer n Brats with wonderful company.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  13. Just put a starter on the Sedan about an hour ago. Has been acting up for a while. Then for the last two days it's been really acting up. Got my spare out and threw it on, fires up great. Got the windows all clean and Rain-X'd, Ready to roll. Heading out @ 6 am. Hope we get there in time for a spot downtown.

14. flatcrazy

flatcrazy

Just got back to Lakewood from Georgetown. Sprinkled a little there today but nothing much. I-70 was moving good in both directions. Ran into light rain around El Rancho coming home.

15. Packing up the camera and wet weather gear. Headed up early in the morning. I will be posting some shots on this thread and on my Facebook and Website pages. See you in the morning! :D

16. So stoked my old 32 is there. Get em Scott!!!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379158279.986811.jpg

Get me a poster, ill pay you!!!

17. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Throwing the last of my gear in the truck, hoping that my non windshield wipers will be OK for the day.

First HAMBer to find me, I'll stripe up a flask for ya free of charge.

18. rickdc57

rickdc57

Wish I was able to be there, but getting on a plane in about an hour. Everyone going, have a great time!

19. NoSurf

NoSurf

Today is the day. So many awesome hotrods here. So much history. The town and people are so nice.

So pumped. Hillclimb fever.

20. What a ball! This is before the train ride last night. Woo Woo!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379163458.613404.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App Sucka!!!

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Bumping this to the top as I watch new photos pop up on Instagram and Facebook. Looks amazing!

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app

22. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Damn I wish I was there ! Screw the weather you guys have a great time. Looking forward for some race day photos.

23. Any photos of the day yet? Gutted I had to miss it :(

Need some pics !!!

24. WOW!!! HOLY SH*T!! I have been to a Denver Bronco's football game, three county fair's & a half dozon Rodeo's, This is the coolest thing I've seen! The cars ar all exceptionable, the legends that drove here 60 years ago, the setting, & all the great pepole! WOW!! What a great day.

A huge Thank You to all that put this together, Jay Amy, Nick, & eveyone else.

Mike, Ya done a great job!! Thank you!

25. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

GREAT event and turnout! Weather held out for most of the morning and rain off and on for the afternoon. My dog convinced me it was time to come home.
    Never seen so many NICE traditional rods in one spot before so lots of fun for me, even got to sling some paint.
    Hoping someone who took more pics than me will chime in. I totally forgot to get my camera out, too busy drooling

26. What a blast AND amazing cars!!

Mike, great job!!! High five to you for getting all this together!!!!!

I had the opportunity to work at corner 3.....so cool to see the cars up close! Those bangers were quite impressive!

27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I am so bummed I couldn't be there, though in my condition, I wouldn't have been much use if I had. I can't wait to see some pictures. Mike congratulations on what sounds like a very cool event. All your hard work paid off. I hope this will be an annual thing.

28. We had a great time. kudos to Mike for a great time.

Attached Files:

29. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Mike, your photos are awesome.