Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 58 lives...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, I went over to my Dad's house today and we bled the brakes, adjusted the clutch, put some gas in, and fired up the 58 for the first time in about two years. It used to be a 6 banger all original car granny ride, as you can see we have made some changes. BTW, the paint is the original paint.

Oh, and our newest HAMBER is George...he lives in the glove box of the 58 and is show in a picture below. I would not give George too hard of a time for not posting himself, he is very shy, and if you piss him off he will send some of his little grimlin buddies to visit your car and I do not think you would like that...trust me on this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Jeez you guys have nice stuff! Looks killer.

3. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Looks great. You should run it with the hood off all the time [​IMG]

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Holy Shit,,,I have to go 'rub one out' now...Someday I'll have me one of those 58's....Dirty

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is really good looking, how about a side view of it...

6. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

Very nice, some day I'll get an intake like that...then I can go hoodless!

7. Anderson

Anderson

Thats cool, you guys really DO have NICE stuff. That BEL AIR has a lot of attitude. And to top it off, you're showing off the bling bling too...Escalade!

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey Kustoms&Rockets...THAT '58 IS NOT an Impala...it's a Bel Air...in '58 the Impala model was BRAND new...and only offered as a 2-door hardtop...
    Regardless, it definitely is nice...
    R-

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Roundup Ready!

And to think I passed on buyin' that car for cheap out of your Aunts garage. Maybe I'll have a '58 one day.

Speakin' of this. Do you have any postable pictures of yer dads last '58. The green one? I know it was pre digital cameras, but can you scan one or two. I remember the car but not any details about it.

10. raven

raven

That has got to be the most beautiful '58 I've ever seen. (except the wheels, but it's not mine either...)
    r

11. autocol

autocol

where's the emoticon for DROOOOOOL? [​IMG]

that car is sick.

and i like the wheels. and the paint, and the... well, fuck i just like it!

12. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

You guys have way to many cool cars! First the Merc, then the golden 32 and the white impala. Now a bad ass 58. Enough already!
    Ed

13. RC

RC

I need a napkin! [​IMG]

Well Done, well done indeed!

14. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I much prefer the Bel air over the Impala. My parents used to have a Del ray 2dr 6cyl 3 spd. I've wanted one like yours for many years. What a cherry!!!!

15. Rolf

Rolf

Now you can lean out the window like Toad and yell: "I got six Strombergs"!! Nice ride...I like the 58's...obviously...

16. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Buzz, I do not have any digital images or a scanner...the best I could do is take a picture of a picture...I will try it tonight and post it to this if it works. That green car was a hardtop and not a post like this one. BTW, if you remember that car was sold to a guy who was going to take it to Finland, but we found out two years ago the guy could not afford to send it over and sold it to a guy about five miles from my dads house and it has been sitting in a garage all this time and the guy never takes it out...what a waste.

17. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, Im not so sure this will look real great since I just took pics of pics but here goes.

This is the 58 Buzz was talking about. It was a V8 hardtop that the engine was rebuilt in and we ran 3 2's on it. The shots with the skirts are before the interior was done (and yes, thats my Dad driving in the alley). We trashed the skirts after the interior was done. I found a real odd green glass light thingy for a plane or boat that fit in the headliner light like it was made for it, so it cast a nice green glow all over the car. The interior was standard tuck and roll white. The car was a jade green with a surf green (like my Fender bass) interior thing going on. This was around 86 or 87 because the merc is in a million parts in the pic and my dad's 35 master is in the other garage.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And since this is sorta working I took some other shot that you might find funny Buzz(and some of you might other guys might like seeing these)...

The merc when it was first done around 89-90:
    [​IMG]

The 32 two long years ago:
    [​IMG]

That 51 I had about 4 years ago:

[​IMG]

Buzz, this is that over heating son of a b I had when I was running around with that Charline girl when you still lived in Dallas (do you remember me telling you about getting caught bumping uglys with her by the cops in that car? Do you even remember her...the girl that tried to kill the bowling alley?) This car was also famous at Hanging Dice in Arkansas because I was hurling moon discs off it like UFO's and people kept saying "Oh, I saw one on the way in."

[​IMG]

And finally, me and my first merc circa 1987...woo who what a rockasilly studling!

[​IMG]

18. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, it seems star photo whatever is off line again so nothing is showing...crap!

19. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

*****Crud, can anyone see these pics? I can't get them to work for me...anyone*****
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Not only do I not remember the girl, I don't even remember that car. Was it between the Mercs? It wasn't when I moved back to Dallas, because I had my '55 by then.

I remember the '58 as being more of a true green and less teal than that. Is it the picture or my memory that is off?

You look suprisingly less ridiculess than I would of thought with the Brian Setzer impersonator picture. I know I would look a whole lot rockasillier than that.

Thanks for postin' the pics. Tell yer Dad hey and that the car looks good. See if he'll bring it out to Sherman.

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

You were still living with Terry when I was messing with Charline...she was the girl we took bowling and she rolled the ball down the lane before the pin carrier was finsihed setting the pins up and she nailed it and it echoed through the whole place...the four of us went on one of the few days we had ice. She was older than us and wanted me to marry her within a few months of messing around...I ran, I ran so far away...

That car was when the current merc was tore down and after the first one was gone...I had two mercs and then the merc and that ford...it has been a long time. The car is still in the DFW area and for the last couple of years at Goodguys it has shown up. It now has tons of etched glass with flowers and it usally is covered with cry baby dolls and Silvester and Tweety dolls and has flowers all in it with one of those fake drive in trays with the plastic burger, fries, and so on. IN OTHER WORDS GAYED OUT TO THE MAX. I bet someone from the HAMB has seen it at Goodguys like that. [​IMG]

The pic color is off, but it did kinda have a teal-ish color but it was called jade.

The 58 should be at the show in october...it depends on if it gets painted before then. Still thinking silver and black instead of white and black so it will match the new stock silver interior...what do you think? (or what does anyone think?)

22. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

That rings a bell.

I think that he should bring it to Sherman as is. Steve'll never get it perfect that quick. Let him have it after Sherman so he can do the works and have it completely ready for the Roundup. That way they'll want to come down to the show for sure.

23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I think Wade is doing this one, you gotta spread the work when you are good buddies with two body men.

24. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Makes sense. I know Steve way better than Wade, so that's who I thought of. What plans do ya'll have for it? I like the Silver and Black and yer dad showed me the side chrome trick he's doing. What else is in store?

25. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

SWEET............ just sweet!!................. I got wood!

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Nose and deck, shave the handles, the usual. Maybe a tube grille...other than that not much more than getting it slick. The hood may never see much time on the car, but it will get louvers all over.

27. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Great! now I gotta figure out how to live long enough to have a 58 on my(already long)list of cars to own!!

28. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

[ QUOTE ]
    SWEET............ just sweet!!................. I got wood!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that wood aint from the pic of me bro... [​IMG] I thought only the mascot did that to you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. SatinBlack58

SatinBlack58

I prefer the Impala, but thats the nicest Belair I have seen. Very nice. Satin