Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The '32 nobody wanted.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pete, Sep 21, 2016.

1. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

The beauty of that project is you don't have to feel guilty about cutting it up. Of course some these guys on here wouldn't feel any remorse hacking up a nice 32. Ha Ha. You go man!

clem and sko_ford like this.
  2. Keep the updates coming

3. Pete

Pete

Turns out the yellow windshield frame is chopped 4" and according to compiled measements of the quarter Windows.... Those are also chopped 4"

So it's gonna be a 4" chop roof.

4. Pete

Pete

The upper deck lid panel is in need of some metal work, I'm not 100% sure what it actually supposed to look like.

Can someone take a pic of Thairs and post it up.

image.jpeg

tb33anda3rd, ravedodger and dwollam like this.
  5. F&J

F&J

Pete, you have an odd dented/crease on that belt.

here is a pic. The roof comes straight down and sits on the belt bead top:
    [​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

You're doing God's work right there.

7. McFly

McFly

Go Man Go! I love this thread.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Pete! I like your progress. Each 'catastrophe' is met with logic and practicality.
    When individuals are met with these difficulties, emotion usually takes over and logic flies right out the door.
    As a few others have confessed, "I wish I would have found that..."
    F&J's comments and support are conspicuous and solid, make for GREAT following.

9. pumpman

pumpman

This one I have to watch, going to be real good.

10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I always hafta laugh at the "Ive seen worse" comments, I know Ive probably made em myself, but...
    Im not sure if its always meant for encouragement like maybe most of us mean it or if its to say "awe that aint nothin" Ive seen or done more than that even if you do pull it off.:D I believe someone could have only a bucket of rust particles left from a car, to start with, and someone would have to say it....:rolleyes:.....sorry:D..... No offense to the ones who have said it........unless of coarse you are one of those guys who has always seen or done more than anyone else no matter what the subject:eek:....but on second thought, and come to think of it, that might describe a good percentage of most of the guys I know:D

11. I can say mine was from encouragement / envy. I dragged a 34 3 window home a last spring because it was cheap and hell its a 34 3 window! I Honestly don't know if there is any metal left to weld patches to, or just a big pile of rust to use as a form to try and form new panels to match the old! I Have a feeling Pete's ride is gonna turn out great! The 34, not so sure.....

low budget likes this.
  12. Pete

Pete

Here's the united pacific replacement upper deck lid panel...

Just doesn't look right to me ? Maybe it's the glare?

image.png

13. Pete

Pete

I don't mind a little ribbing .... Honestly, it motivates me.

low budget likes this.
  14. Hendee

Hendee

Pete. Glad to see you moved ahead with it. I'm sure it's already making those of us that considered it regret not jumping when you offered it up. Gonna be awesome.

15. Pete

Pete

Hendee! How the hell are ya?!

16. I've been waiting for you to do this ever since you put out the should I let it go thread.

sko_ford likes this.
  17. Pete

Pete

I kept changing my mind, I had the entire car parted out and basically sold.. A few times.

But something kept me from selling it, don't know exactly what but the little voice in my head kept saying "don't do it"...."don't do it"

These builds don't scare me in the least, I've pieced together a few cars and this one really isn't the worst one. I'm always up for a challenge and plus... My tetnus shots are up to date and I restocked the band-aids in the shop.

18. Pete

Pete

Trial fitting the quarter window, removed 1/2 of bondo and lots of lead only to reveal some real old timey back yard hack work! image.jpeg

image.jpeg

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

It's going to look fine, I like the size or the quarter window opening. I'm sure some finished 4 inch chops will get posted to give you an idea of how things will look. Bob

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

man, even the patches need patches to patch that back together.:eek:

Bluefox, clem and -Brent- like this.
  21. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

Oh this is going to be good. I love watching you guys build stuff up north. Good luck and it looks you are heading in the right direction! I'll be watching and waiting patiently.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Pete, many people probably don't realize that your 34 coupe was a jig saw puzzle too. If you do the 32 as well as the 34, you can be doubly proud.

23. Pete

Pete

image.jpeg image.png
    Very true nick.

Proof.

24. adam401

adam401

Pete I've been drinking and I'm gonna speak the truth right now. That car needs to be chopped at least another inch. 4" pfff old man chop. There I said it. Discuss.

gonzo and onekoolkat1950 like this.
  25. Pete

Pete

Ahhhhh..... Truth serum ..... I'm endulging In the same thing right now..... Who knows... It migh get whacked a little more, I just have to get things "tacked" for now.

I certainly feel old but I'll never show it on the surface.

A dear friend would say "TACK IT" ...... You know who that was....

26. adam401

adam401

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  27. Pete

Pete

Haha..... So damn true! That's pretty funny

28. Glad you are doing this Pete. Are you from Boston proper ? I grew up in Milton. Don't feel old, I just turned 70 and can't wait to build my next car. Which will be my 2nd.

29. Pete

Pete

I grew up in Brookline on Rt 9, literally 100 yards from the Jamaica way and Mission Hill, had my bicycle stolen on a weekly basis.... Bobby Brown actually stole one of my BMX bikes!!! Yes... Thee Bobby Brown. My dad knew his mom so I got it back a few days later.

Spent most of my adolescent life in Boston proper.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    gonzo likes this.
  30. I know the J way well and Mission Hill. I worked in Boston 34 years as an elevator mech. Been in all the projects and jails etc. Keep up the good work. Wish I could come help but wife is housebound and I need to be with her.