Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2014 Portland Roadster show photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr48chev, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got soaked standing there taking the photo and watching him horse that beauty out of the parking spot. I studied it for a long tiowme when he had it in the show last year.

2. pontman

pontman

Great pics, looked like a awesome show.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ek
    I think we each may have stood back out of the others way some time in the day. A serous number of the cars in the Culture room had their day out in the main room as fresh builds at the top of their game and there were several former cover cars in that room.

I liked the orange one myself and my camera seemed to like orange all day long. I had a good day, I took 500 photos and got to visit with some neat people along the way. I can't really say I had a favorite Sunday thought. The copper colored 53 Chevy hard top would have done it with a set of more traditional wheels and tires on it but the wheels it had didn't do it for me and looked like "settled for" wheels.

4. Man, That little '32 truck is sweet!
    Thanks for taking and sharing your pictures.

5. Mr48chev - Nice pics and coverage! ... Thanks for sharing!

6. 296ardun

296ardun

great pictures, thanks for posting!! Was that sectioned '50 Ford Ron Dunn's old Valley Custom car under restoration?

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes they had it in their booth last year Steve of Steve's to Restorations has owned it for a number of years and it's been in the back corner of the shop until a few months ago. I spent a lot of time checking it out and the work that Valley custom did was top rate with great fit an finish of the panels inside and out.

They had it in the booth last year with it's "patina" of 50+ years on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think it showed up at a show in the Portland area in the 80's but that may have been the other sectioned shoebox that was done about the same time originally.

8. Great pics..thanks for sharing.

9. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for the info, there are too few Valley Custom cars that have been restored, really look forward to this one being completed. Stories abound about how carefully Jenson and Emory did their work, carefully hammer-welding each seam to minimize the lead required...

10. Wow! Just went through 173 photos and I feel like I've been there. Thanks great coverage.

11. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Thanks for posting! Looked like a good showing. Hard to pick a favorite, but the slammed green C10 was pretty eye catching. Nice to see some PNW local flavor.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. CGkidd

CGkidd

Nice pics wish I could have been there.

13. .......................oh?;)

Attached Files:

14. couverkid

couverkid

That car is my dads.

15. couverkid

couverkid

The orange 32 coupe is my dads

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I think I saw him and that car at DeuceDays four years ago. My camera had the colour off a tone or two. Tell your dad his car is damn near perfect! I love the orange!

18. couverkid

couverkid

Yes Fortunateson it is the same car. We have gone that last two events with out 5 windows.

19. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

20. One more thanks for your pics; great selection of cars!

Good to see a couple of long-time customs are still around (Dunn's shoebox and the
    blue '56 Belair).