Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. In 1956 we moved from St. Loius, Mo. to Santa Clara, Ca. Dad bought a brand new blue and white 4 door Plymouth advertised as a St. Louiy Blues by the dealer. It took two weeks to get to Ca. as we went through Lead, SD to see his mom. Always liked the lines of the '56.

2. Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock

Hey, anyone recommend a place I can buy 2 heater blower motors in 12 volt version for my 1955 Coronet?
    I am going with a 12 volt system on my build.
    I want to lift the rear end 2" to sit near the top of the new slicks, anyone have a shackle part make and part number they know of?
    Lastly....anyone know of front disc brakes that can be swapped into my car?
    Thanks....

3. Dallas area HAMBer's - Alert - there is a nice 56 Dodge 2 door in the Pick N Pull over on Second Ave in south Dallas.....it still has some nice trim and the early poly 270/241 motor with standard - no OD.....sorry some one has pulled the glass.....and really nice heater- radio delete dash.....sorry about that....oh....and somegots the nice sill plates.....

4. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Geeeze Lyle. Your modeling is really good. It almost looks like a real 1:1.
    Mike

5. George

George

There's gut on EBay who has kits using Aspen/Volare spindles. AAJ also has a kit.

Pinball likes this.
  6. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

As mentioned above, AAJ has a disk brake kit for a variety of MoPars from the mid 50's. I have installed one of thier kits on my 55 Plymouth Suburban and have also installed one on a friends 56 Dodge pick up. I was happy with the kit and the instructions. More importantly, I was happy with the response to my phone calls with questions. Hope this helps.

7. 73RR

73RR

I think olddaddy (www.rustyhope.com) also has the package.

8. classy eh

classy eh
    from Canada

Anyone know of a three speed tranny I could put behind my 251 flat 6? The 2 speed works fine but the cars a driver and could us that extra gear.

9. 73RR

73RR

We have adapters for the TF.

10. Squablow

Squablow

Can anyone tell me for sure whether 55 and 56 Dodge trunklids interchange? Mine is not as nice as I had thought it was, and I have a line on a clean one from a '56 but I don't know if it'll fit. Being it's out of state I'd really like to know before I get it, can anyone tell me for sure? Anyone got a Hollander?

11. sent ya a PM we have a 56 & a Hollanders tape measure ? or Book

12. 73RR

73RR

Are there any differences between the 2-dr and 4-dr?? I have a 55 4-dr that I am parting and the trunk lid is pretty damn nice, not perfect, but close.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. My 56 Coronet is a 4dr I can measure if you want? Been trying to read the Hollanders & it is very difficult but i think 55 &56 are the same it does not say 2 0r 4 dr (EDIT) 46" CL over the emblems & key widest point at top 62 1/2 close measurements outside Larry

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  14. Hollanders says no between the makes - but 55-56 are the same for all body styles.....have many Plymonths but funny my Dodge is missing at the moment.....back to the pick n pull.....

15. AS I MENTIONED TO DALLAS HAMBERS.....there's a....or was....a nice 1956 2 door post Dodge in the PICK-N-PULL on Second Ave.....since I've picked it over - dash - windsheild -back glass - engine block....and since it is on the end of the isle...close to the crusher....it will soon be going away....I need to go back for the trunk lid....after that - they will crush it.....this looks to have been a running car under resto - as it had new brakes and clutch....and boy does it have NICE floor boards....they wouldn't let me take in a sawsall so they will get crushed with it.....the hood hinges are so nice - they make me horney....but I already have more sets than I'll ever use.....and....just so you know.....I told you so....

16. Squablow

Squablow

Perfect, thanks for the info.

17. GaryS

GaryS

I finally got my B-body rear end bolted into place, but now I will have to find new shocks that fit. The shock studs are mounted at the spring perches on the '56 rear end, but they are on the shock mounting plates on the later model, which requires a shock about 2" longer.

Has anyone researched what shock works for this setup?

18. RPM Ron

RPM Ron

55-56 Plymouth trunk lids are different - a 4 dr trunk will not fit a 2 dr

19. Coronet ? & Lancer ?:confused:

20. stepped in what?.....chezzz.....

21. today...let's take a 1956 2 door hardtop trunk lid from " Buckner Motors" - a mopar dealer in Dallas (the one from my parts car) and try to exchange it or put it on a 4 door sedan (another parts car in my yard) with a Alison-Hutton" trunk lid from a dealer from Columbus, GA...wholaaa...it fits....the difference in the Dodge and Plymonth is the Dodge lip near the bumper is straight and the Plymonth has a little bit of a duck tail? curve to it....

soooo....1956 trunk lids exchange between 2 doors and 4 doors in like makes....sure it's the same for 1955 - between like make's....

View attachment 1402204

View attachment 1402205

View attachment 1402206

View attachment 1402207 "

22. Squablow

Squablow

Doesn't get any more definitive than that, thanks for the extra effort.

23. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

They make fantastic customs. Built this one in 2001. Has the '55 Chevy styling beat hands down ............

Attached Files:

24. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

You certainly know how to prove your point. In my opinion you nailed it!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

25. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Did you ever get the problem fixed on your car at the Louisville? This is Roger trapps nephew that was there with him.

26. We still have our virgin 56 Coronet 4 dr That the DRs say I cant crawl all over it & work on it, Had great intentions when i got it love the Forward Look makes the Chevy & Ford look kinda plane Jane I got it fired up yesterday sounds good Will sell $1250 417-298-4560

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  27. hungrymonkey

hungrymonkey
    from Oregon

Tag for later.

My dad has a 56 belvedere that has been sitting since the late 80's. I have a feeling that I could talk him out of it.

Its pink on white.

28. Hello there, new member here with a '56 Dodge Coronet. Looks like this is the thread for me. More info on that rear end switch into the '56 please! Also looking to put a big block in this thing.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  29. Welcome from Susan & Larry in the MO.Ozarks:) We still have our 56 Coronet 4dr V8 Parts or restore $1000

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011