Register now to get rid of these ads!

That First Drive Stupid Grin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binga, May 5, 2007.

1. toads29

toads29
    from Illinois

Lookin good... Just starting my build

2. Wow, great to see and hear....

Top stuff.....nice selection of parts, beautifully combined, in a beautiful package...very impressed.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

3. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

DAMN...that's nice!

4. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good on ya Well done

5. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

you Aussie's have some great cars, i know ...because i've seen some of them in person:)

great job, love the color combo!
    best wishes and enjoy the ride.

6. Gotta love that new Hot Rod smell. Beautiful work!!!

7. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

awesome RPU man. That thing is so killer. I love the orange!

8. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

i didn't notice the left handed steering until i watched the video... too cool

9. Fe26

Fe26

A'int it an amazing feeling when that engine kicks over, and.... the bloody thing actually slips into gear. It's irresistable, you usually get it going in the wee hours of the morning, the only seat available is an old apple box, there are no lights and you havn't had time to adjust the brakes. Who needs a license or any other damm thing. If you've
    got gas, steering and an accelerator you've got a ride.
    The wife is the real bonus, now remember how good you felt when you got your motor running, it's payback time. Your wife, like all our wives put up with a lot, time to tune her up and dial her in.

10. The only way to get the stickers off the tires is to burn em off.We never peeled them off our racecar tires,it's considered "bad luck.":rolleyes:

11. DiceKitten

DiceKitten

12. Bert

Bert

good stuff binga, love the heads and painted radiator shell.......waggot made one of the best cams for the holden 6cyl, back then you could actually "hear" it was a waggot cam by how hard they revved....:) .....good to see you on the road, the chassis looks great too.........ya gotta bring it to bens next gig so we can have a good sniff :D .....cheers.....Bert

13. Hey Mark, that sucker looks way better than I imagined it.

Would have looked too kool lined up beside that nancy boy pastel blue deuce show car on Sunday. ;)

So, you better lemme know when my wheel is ready so i can come and pick it up, and go for a spin round the block. Nuthin more fun that drivin in a not quite completed and not quite 'legal' Hawt Rod. :D

14. They made more than 3 sets, but yes they are rare as rockin horse crap, even tho they were not 'uncommon' when I was younger.

I've been trying to find a set for years to send to Lance Sorchic just to help add to the rarity and 'Ohmygod' factor of his highboy B400.

Found one but it was rooted, I know there's more out there somewhere.

15. It would be a honor to park next Frank's car with my heap.

I think we can arrange a spin around the block.;) :D

16. swimeasy

swimeasy

Great car,thanks for trad. people!

17. flatoz

flatoz

WAGGOT were mostly into boat stuff, the majority of their intakes were for boats, they were sydney based, so some of the sydney boys might know more about them.

you dont see too many sets of early heads from Aussie manufacturers, but they also seemed to not bother to put their name on them either.

then there are the ones like SPECO who copied the Edelbrock superdual, problem was , that they put their name on is so minimally that if the intake ever got polished it came right off. even alot of cast ones you cant make out the SPECO anymore.

I have a couple of early Aussie intakes that are different and one or two that have no name on them. There are a few that obviously were the same casting, just different names. Bit like the 'Fenton' and 'D&S' and 'Von Esser' in the US, all the same casting, just different names on them.

18. Ash in OZ

Ash in OZ
    from Australia

Great looking RPU Mark, its just as I remember back in '05? but it wasnt quite finished then, cheers mate ya done well. Ash in Tassie