Well, yeah no chop. But this might open some doors (yes, pun intended) as to what can be done to save one. The subject car can be seen here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/2-600mi-test-drive-den-lsr-detroit.788790/ It's been in the Motor State for almost 2 yrs and seen at various hoodlum gatherings in the area. With all the miles behind it I heard "...need a headliner..." and things got just a wee bit quiet after that. Ya see, I met our bud "safariwagon" back in 77 and then we crashed into each other at Billetproof 08 after losing touch for nearly 10 years. On a visit in the summer of 13 it looked like more than a headliner. We bounced a few ideas back n forth and then he dug into it. Look what he found: Needs a little more than a headliner, no? Next thing I heard was that a part showed up from somewhere south of here. Since I was busy on 2 other projects and planning a shop I couldn't help on the roof fix. Apparently neither could the guy he alternately chose for it. So on one of our coldest and shitty days of the year the car wound up at my place, The Enthusiast Garage. A short time later this showed up too: With all I can do I'm not much for removing old school gasket mounted glass so I asked for help and input there. So with the help of hamb member "dustyoldbodyman", his son, and Mr Singlefinger Speed Shop safari-wagon (it is his car after all) we were able to sort through the steps and get the glass safely removed. "Dusty" brought his 61 assembly manual for backup too. That process went well and looked like this: The goal was to remove the trim without damage as well as the glass. That big fat gasket and all the outer sealant can get in the way. We took a razor knife to the rubber and exposed the clips. Along with the book d o b also brought a small arsenal of trim removal tools. I gained a personal benefit here. I have that 61 Belair spt cpe at home and one of the things that helped seal the deal was it's near perfect stainless around that kool bubble top we all love. No worries when I get to that point now. The wads of sealant behind the trim belongs there. Sort of water management to close a trail from the outer edge of the trim to behind the gasket. Now that we had an open roof and a donor it was time for some top chop action.