Register now to get rid of these ads!

thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostforawhile, Mar 20, 2013.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Just wanted to say thanks for this great site, I can't do anything to my car,or even work in the garage since being hit, but its great to browse here and look at all the projects while im trying to recover, it keeps me from going nuts, thanks to everyone for everything.

2. CruZer

CruZer

Keep the faith ! this is the place to keep your hopes and dreams alive. the day will come when you are back at it again.

3. hang in there....like Winston said in WWII....if your going through hell boys....just keep on going.....god speed in your recovery...

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

Keep your chin up. Hoping your recovery is progessing well. Keep fightin' the good fight.

Warm regards-
    Speedon

5. dont worry you'll be back at it in no time. i know nothing can keep me from stoping my 'hobby' lol :D

6. Lord well be with you ! Tim

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

just wanted you guys to know I'm out of the brace, my back is probably screwed for life, but it's better then having to need permanent wheels or a wooden box, we are hanging in there, destroyed financially, but I'm hoping I can go back to work, I'm now allowed to lift 20 pounds, just been messing with stuff in the garage, and I did actually mow the lawn, and work outside a little, of for the details it was a burst fracture at t-12 and a partially collapsed vertebra, which is supposed to have finally stabilized. Basically the same injury people get when bucked off a horse

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang in there, the re-hab can get monotonous but in the long run every bit helps. I broke my back in 2000 T10-11-12 anterior wedge fractures and L4-5 burst fractures. Went through a great deal of pain, suffering and torment in re-hab I am glad I did now.
    Good luck man!

Doc.

9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I get mixed up on the letters in the different parts of the spine, it was 12 something, in the lower back anyway, "dammit Jim, I'm a machinist not a doctor!" :D the vertebrae collapsed 50 percent and stabilized, he said no spinal cord damage, but I still get pain in my legs now from standing too long, and I get random cold feet,

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

hang tight brother.believe me when i tell ya i know how you feel, long story made short. bad bike wreck in 05. died twice. month in a coma another onein a nursing home and 8 months in a hospital bed in my own bedroom/ they told me i would never walk, talk right, think clear, let alone ride again and buildin cars and bikes.well im now walkin right but i can and i yse a cane.have trouble talkin some times but i can. ah hell im doing everything i used to do maybe just not as good. at least now when i screw up i can blame it on the brain damage...which i really do have..lol..but if it wasnt for the hamb im sure i wouldnt be buildin cars and bikes again, i did before the wreck but i didnt have the drive like i do now.this place has given me the drive to keep on when i just wanted to quit buildin and sit on tbhe porch. the pain gets worse than a human can survive. but with the meds i get i can go on .and boy do i go on,and on and on ...lol. and now i have my son to help me out in the shop.which was good for him because he HAD to stay with me when i was out there.so hes learned a hell of alot more. he is better than me now at alot of things.and hes into trad. hotrods and just plain old cars. like muscle cars too. and hates imports.!!!no front wheel drive rice burners for him and he is 28 i think...the hamb has pulled me out of some pretty bad emotional downers many times . and the guys here aint to bad.even had a hamber save my life not long ago.thanks beaner..and soory lost, i wasnt trying to steal your thread just letting you know you sure as hell aint alone.we are here when you need us..get better man.theres alot to do !!!

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm glad to know you are still here and that you are walking, I know mine could have been much worse , not trying to feel sorry for myself, just trying to survive until I can get back on my feet, thinking in a practical sense, I came very close to being in a wheelchair or dead, so I'm grateful to be here, somehow I will get back on the bike eventually, but the average time seems to be about a year, I think I can repair it, when the settlement stuff gets done in time, I'm thinking about using some of the money and going back to school, I'm not sure yet what my back will allow me to do, Ive always done blue collar stuff, never any kind of white collar job, I would go crazy sitting in an office

12. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Lost, Hang in there. We Georgia Boys have to stick together on crap like this. Motorcycle wreck in 1972 caused one leg to quit working like it should but after some recovery things got better. Damn Leg still does not bend like it should but I hang on to all of my tools and dreams. About 5 years ago, I suffered a work related injury that put me in the retired / disabled category. Now at age 66 I sam still rounding up parts for my 33 Chevy Pick-up. Hope to build / finish one more Old Chevy.
    Good Luck with your recovery..................................... Jeff