Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks To Axle & Tom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GASSERGUY, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

We who attend, love and spread-the-word about events, often forget those who make our weekends the joy they are. Viva Las Vegas 2004 was my first venture into the world of rockabilly combined with nostaliga hot rods. I went there with the idea to capture on videotape enough 'lifestyle' coverage to help me write a hot rod movie script. What happened when I was there was a transforming experience. I fell in love with rockabilly music and its fans, created a series of event DVDs and am now working on a TV show. None of that would have happened without Tom and Axle.

Tom Ingram brought his love of the music to Vegas and blew us away with world class bands from the US, England and beyond. Yeah, I loved hot rods but I had no idea how much I loved the early '50s music until I went to VLV in 2004. THANKS TOM, you've changed my life.

Axle, Shifter's Car Club's numero uno, brought together the cars and stars that carguys love. His contribution enhanced my experience of Tom Ingram's bands. Here was an event where billet was banned--not because it wasn't cool but--because it wasn't era-orignal. Yeah there were ratrods that never would have been put on the street in the day but most guys knew it was just a phase that in time would rust away.

Tom and Axle bumped heads but because of who they are they've come up with a plan for Vegas that will not only ensure it's longevity but that will make it better year after year.

All of us should applaud both Axle & Tom for 'above the call of duty' work they both do to give the rest of us a world-class weekend of hot rods and hot music.

SEE YOU IN VEGAS APRIL 10-13!!!

Ernest McIntyre, editor
    GASSER Magazine
    www.GASSERmagazine.com

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

3. Asshole Garage

Asshole Garage
    BANNED
    from Sandy Utah

Sounds like you have not been back since 04. the last good show was in 05 and when the Gestapo came out in 06 it went to hell, (my personal feelings of course!) now there are so many conditions and hoops to jump through it's not worth the effort!

4. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Hell came and hopefully went. No major event that grows can escape a hell period. VLV had it's growth hell and, hopefully, has matured beyond it. Axle & Tom's intention is to make the event better each year. I support and encourage them in that regard. As both of them know, I'm the first to say, "You should be doing this

Come to the event, make your opinions known and a better event will evolve year after year.

Ernest

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

tech week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.