Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks to all during hard times

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayfarer, Jan 9, 2004.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer

yeah, I know but he wanted the finned valve covers and a HAMBr gave me a deal. Where were ya then, huh? [​IMG]

2. RC

RC

Your a good man, wayfarer!

P.S. Great looking 37 PU, always loved those. [​IMG]
    Keep us posted on how the projects goes.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So what's left? What else do ya need? How close are ya????

I'm serious when I say I want to see this car on the road... SOON.

4. wayfarer

wayfarer

Well Ryan, we're not that close, but we're getting there. He got his front end the day before yesterday and we're going to put it on tomorrow afternoon. I'm picking him up from school at 11 and we'll get it done. I think we're going to get a crate motor from a local place and his dad and I pulled a transmission a few months ago that some local guys are going to rebuild. He's got an intake, but needs carbs. A generous HAMBr donated an air cleaner and another sold me a set of finned valve covers for a good price. He's got an old steering column lying around and he's got the housing for the rearend, but needs a pumpkin and axles. A member of the RRT is hooking him up with Weld for a set of wheels. His body is pretty straight, sandblasted and in primer and we're working out what needs to be done. I'll post some pictures tomorrow night or saturday of what we got accomplished.

5. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

hey, this is Emilio-i have posted an intro if you don' already know my story, but I just wanted to say thank you so very much. Everything you guys have done for me has been great. You have no idea how much this all means to me. I just thought i would let you know how much i appreciate your generosity.

6. pikesan99

pikesan99

This is great! I don't post very often, but I read frequently. I'm always amazed at the quick wit and endless kindness found on this board. No wonder all the HAMB guys I've met have been solid.

Good luck with the project!

7. wayfarer

wayfarer

Here's a picture of the frontend, now it's on wheels: [​IMG]

8. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

I just saw this....I really feel for you guys. Sounds like your dad was a really cool guy. Hope you get that Chevy running soon.

My condolences.

9. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

I just wanted to give a big thanks to wayfarer for helping me put the front end on this weekend. I couldn't have done it without him

10. autocol

autocol

reading this post gives me the shakes...

wayfarer, you are one stand up guy, and emilio, you sound like a kid with his heart in exactly the right place. your dad's gonna be the proudest guy "on the block".

my dad died a while back too, but i can still feel him working with me (and usually telling me when i'm being a fool!)

good on ya guys...

11. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

thanks autocol-i am doing this project for my dad( and for me)-but i always know he is right there with me-helping me out-and i know your dad is too-emilio