Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thanks HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ron Brown, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a quick note; I haven't used the classified section of the HAMB very much, but wanted to let all know about my experience.

I listed some parts, doesn't matter what it actually was, but listed at $400 plus shipping...Instantly got a note from a member here to purchase. I estimated the shipping to be about $25 so I let him know the total would be $425. He agreed and shipped off a money order for the full amount. I packaged everything up and sent it UPS. I sent him a picture of the shipping receipt so he would have the tracking number, estimated delivery Friday last, as my wife and I will be gone for a trip to the coast for a week. I sent him a note Fri evening asking if the package had arrived OK. He emailed me back saying yes it had in good condition and thanked me...but, here's the part I didn't expect...he says he noticed on the receipt that the shipping was actually $39 and that he has sent me a $20 bill to cover the extra shipping costs.

Man...who does this now days... Its only $20 but the amount doesn't matter, its the thought/action that does.......I want to thank the HAMB and member 5280A2, Miles L...there is a lot of meeky ass shit going on in this country, but guys like this restores a little faith in humanity....Thanks again Miles

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I have have excellent transactions here on the HAMB, no loss or short comings of $$. There were a few packages that came in that could have been packed better, but no damages to report.

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had nothing but top notch Hospitality with my interactions in Hambville...and it truly is the Norm rather than the unfortunate few negatives...

Good News is Good News...Big Thumbs Up Hambers...

pitman, brady1929 and Cliff Ramsdell like this.

4. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I too have had great luck on the "Free HAMB classifieds" so much so that I was loosing sleep at night thinking how I was taking advantage of the situation so I bought into the HAMB Alliance so I wouldn't feel so guilty!

5. jim snow

jim snow

Me too. I also had a great experience with a fellow HAMBer thru the classified listings. Top notch. Snowman

6. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Good to hear. As an aside, UPS rates are getting close to ridiculous. I just sent some magazines to a buddy. Detroit to Fremont, Indiana, so not real far. Small box, 6 pounds. UPS charge was $18. I know residential delivery is higher than commercial, but holy cow.

7. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup....for 35 years I worked for a company that had a UPS shipping account so never paid attention to the costs, just package up and ship. I had no idea how high they are getting.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I have also had nothing but great results selling and buying here on the HAMB.

Thanks to Ryan and all the others who provide us a spot to collect and BS along with learning, buying and selling.

Cliff Ramsdell

9. Sounds like your buyer was a stand-up guy. Always great to hear good news.

10. It's always refreshing to hear a positive account of a couple of stand up guys, there are truly many people like that on the hamb, I have also been fortunate enough to have had transactions with members like Miles. HRP

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Sold cars and parts on the HAMB Classifieds with no issues or complaints. Thanks for the service.

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've bought and sold parts both here on the HAMB and the Barn. Always good experiences. I once sold a Merc trans to a member in Washington if I remember correctly and my out of state bank credited my account and then said they never got the check and sucked the money back out of the account. Long story short the buyer had to cancel the original check and then send me a new check minus the check cancellation charge. He never complained once. A real stand up guy. He even sent me the cancellation charge receipt so I could get my bank to refund the cost to me.

Cliff Ramsdell, Stogy and jim snow like this.
  13. I've had great success buying and selling on the classifieds here.

14. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing but good transactions here, both buying and selling. We've got a pretty darned good bunch of guys here.

15. Ziggster

Ziggster

Good to hear all the positive comments. I should spend more time looking for stuff here.

Cliff Ramsdell and Stogy like this.
  16. Kudos to Miles and you too for posting this. Miles's mother raised him right. Stories like this restores your faith in mankind.......well, not completely, there are still more scoundrels out there than good guys.

Cliff Ramsdell likes this.
  17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All good in my few experiences. In N.E., I’ll always meet a buyer/seller 1/2 way to save shipping. Had to cancel one exchange when my truck crapped-out, all loaded and heading to meet them.

Thanks H.A.M.B.

18. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes he was

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jim snow, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

KevKo, A side note when shipping magazines, books, etc. try USPS they have a way smaller charge fee for literature .................................................................

KevKo and Stogy like this.
  20. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's not a complete day unless I have had my coffee and perused the HAMB classifieds! I too have had good dealings with most all folks that I have either bought from or sold to.

jim snow and Stogy like this.
  21. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

Just did a deal last week on the HAMB. Smooth as always. Good people here.

Stogy likes this.
  22. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes and no. Dont buy anything off Paul Webster from Prior Lake Mn or Fl. I used to do a lot of buying from the HAMB and he stung me royaly. A couple other guys tried to stooge me too but that got sorted. Generally though good times! Just exercise caution.

Stogy likes this.
  23. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamtown Al and I traded cars straight across on the HAMB...(My 32 Sedan Deliv. for his 36 Cabriolet). Where else would you DARE make a long distance trade (NY and Va) with just a few pics and a few phone calls...only the HAMB ! ! ! :D

A lot of "stand-up" folks here...and Hamtown Al is one of them.:D

jim snow likes this.
  24. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

USPS media mail is ridiculously cheap. Probably only would have been a few bucks..

KevKo likes this.
  25. I have just bought a right rear 33-34 Ford sedan fender off a hamber. I agreed to his asking price. I did the research for shipping and I had informed him of the shipping which I was planning on paying. The seller told me that he was going to split the shipping cost to me . I was surprised. What a stand up guy to do business with.
    Just wanted to say Thank You
    Vic

jim snow likes this.
  26. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So far I have not sold anything on the HAMB classifieds but I bought parts and cars here and even with the added challenge of international shipping and money transfer, I made nothing but good experiences with the sellers. So: great place, great guys...

jim snow likes this.
  27. brady1929

brady1929

What a refreshing story. Thanks.

28. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford