Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks for a wonderful Model A opportunity!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRH, Dec 6, 2008.

1. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

This thanks goes out to Frank, a cool guy who lives here in Utah and runs a respectable body shop. He advertised a 1929 Model A Tudor complete chassis here on local online classifieds, and I was able to get it from him today. I told him I was mostly interested in the frame, and he replied he would sell it separate if I needed.
    So I went to his house two days ago, and he showed me an unbelievable virgin, complete chassis with NO RUST, NO BENDS, NO missing stuff. And the motor looked fabulous, actually fabulous, considering neither of us really wanted the motor or trans. The cross-members, axles, wishbones, springs = excellent parts. And after seeing this I was very impressed, and told him it was a nice set. He said $500, and I said yes! Then I asked him if it would be OK if it took me a while to get it, since I needed to borrow a truck and would try to disassemble it on sight as I go along. He then told me to just come the next day...he would have the body shop guys disassemble it completely and help me lift everything in that I could fit. He called today, said "it's done" and I arrived. Every nut, bolt and part was carefully preserved. His employees hosted the heavy stuff in my borrowed trucks and that was that.
    How cool, how giving...Frank was very generous and helpful to a little nobody like me. Some may think $500 is too much, but it sure is a nice set. I never have seen parts this early with literally NO rust. The frame is perfect, the 'bones are perfect, the axles are perfect. I was going to use this stuff to someday put together a better done, not-so-butchered frame for my little '27 T roadster. But now this frame setup will get saved for its own hot rod project!
    I'm too tired (and it is too dark) to take pictures. Sorry to rant, it's just good news! Merry Christmas! :)

2. cant wait to see pictures.

3. JF

JF
    from Utah

sweet deal Cliff! :)