Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks Dad....I'm going to miss you.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyM, Jul 9, 2013.

1. BillyM

BillyM

I lost my Dad a week ago this morning.....and I owe more thanks to that special man than could possibly be captured here. He taught me so much about life, how to enjoy it, how to work and play with passion, and he was the one who inspired my love of old cars. I'll miss you Dad, but rest assured you will never be forgotten.

Here's one of his favourite pictures, in the middle of the shop, dressed up as usual.....and thoroughly in his element.

Thanks for listening....it all helps.

Attached Files:

2. daveymac405

daveymac405

sorry for your loss, sounds like some good memories, hold them tightly.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry for your loss. It will be ten years next month that I lost my dad and I find my self thinking all the time that "Dad would know that".

4. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

In a while the hurt won't be so bad and the memories will be so sweet.I know.God bless.-Bill

5. n847

n847

Sorry for your loss! Glad you got to enjoy time with your old man! Too many dont for different reasons...I'll forever cherish the time I spend and have spent in the garage at the races and carshows with my father!
    Good Speed & RIP!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

i'M gonna call my Dad now & tell him this. IT"S TRUE!!! I could only imagine losing him. Sorry for your loss Homeboy.

7. Very sorry for your loss of probably the most important man in all of our lives........it has been a bit over a month now since I lost my brother.....it has brought me to a real sincere understanding for the importance of each day or precious moment with family, friends, nature and God's will. God Bless!

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

So very sorry to hear of your loss,..... My Dad has been gone for 22 years and I still miss him. Honor him by passing along all he taught and meant to you to the future generations....... Part of him will live on in the way they live there lives......

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry for the loss. Cool pic. Make him proud when he his keeping an eye on you.

10. That's a great pic. Very sorry for your loss.

11. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

BillyM a very nice tribute to your dad.

I hope he Rests in Peace with condolences to you, your family and his friends.

Nice garage, I am sure he would be proud of having one last shot of the place he obviously enjoyed very much.

12. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Great photo. MAy he RIP. He carries on through you I'm sure. Like HarmsWay said above, pass the torch like he did and he will be even more proud of you.

13. Sorry for your loss,,great photo. HRP

[​IMG]

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to you, and all of his family and friends.

15. Very sorry to hear. At least you had a good dad.

If my son says the same things about me when I'm gone, then I did my job right.

-God bless...

16. OLDTGUY

OLDTGUY

So Sorry for your loss.
    JJ

17. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences to you and your family.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sorry for your loss. I lost mine back in 1999. A week before Fathers Day. I still miss him, but I really miss him when I'm working on or driving my hot rod. He was too busy raising a family to ever build his. Shit always got in the way. I always imagine what his reaction would have been seeing my T Bucket and helping me work on it.

You guys with dads still around, give your old man a hand shake or a phone call. He's probably the coolest guy you'll ever know.

19. Sorry about your dad . Lost my 92 year old father this year and the hard part is thinking I will call him and then remembering you cant . Hang in there.

20. big bad john

big bad john

....So sorry for your loss.....prayers for you and your family....

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Billy, sorry for your loss. RIP Dad. Prayers sent. Lost my Dad not to long ago and know how you feel.

22. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

So sorry for your loss....Prayers for you and yours.....Ray.

23. hallrods

hallrods

Sorry for your loss. I thank God how lucky I am to be planning a trip to Iola with my Dad,I will cherish this time with my father and my son.

24. Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a cool guy and he raised you right.

25. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad 3 years ago this coming August. As time goes on the pain will lessen but never go away. The memories of your Dad will always be with you. Cherish them, and remember you have the opportunity to take everything he taught you and share it with your children as best you can. This will make your father very proud.

26. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

BillyM. Very sorry for your loss but do feel blessed that you had a great man in your life. I lost my Dad 10 years ago next month and not a day goes by that I don't get a chuckle, an "I'll ask Dad" or feel his stare from across the room when I'm doing something he would have liked or disliked :) Godspeed friend and know that the pain will fade and the joyful memories will pop-up often.

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So very sorry for the loss of your Dad. But he really is still here, he is part of you and left with you the lessons and memories you still have. Those parts can't be taken away from you.

Any time a Son or Daughter comes on and says how much they miss their lost loved one it only proves how great that person must have been to leave that much love inside their child and other loved ones.

Don

28. Prayers for your family as they move through this trial of life. He will never be gone if he lives on in your heart.

29. Sorry for your loss!

30. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I know how you feel, I lost my Dad five years ago. I can tell you it will get easier and you'll smile every time you think of him.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!