Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thanks Chupacabra's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Garry Carter, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Just wanted to extend a great big "Thank You!" to all my Chupacabra friends for hosting the biggest (517 registered cars, not counting motorcycles) -- and arguably the BEST -- edition of Pistons and Paint ever!!

A great bunch of guys orchestrated this event which featured a record number (and variety) of cars and bikes. They offered great live music throughout the afternoon, a best-ever array of vendors offering a great variety of food, drink, and apparel, and a great venue for me and all my North Texas hot rod buddies to catch up on each other's lives, projects, etc.
    If I'm guilty of over-using the word "great" -- it's deliberate. Everything about the whole weekend -- from Friday nite at Dan's to the after-party on Sunday -- was just GREAT!!

Pulling off an event like this is no mean feat, but with some help from the Torques and other friends you made it appear spontaneous and effortless to all your guests. The day was marred only by the fact that you guys stayed so busy you didn't have time to kick back and socialize as much as your many friends would have have liked. In any event, I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed the show and how much I appreciate all your hard work. It was awesome!!

P.S. to Bubba: Back to an event poster next year ... please??

seatex and olskoolrodder like this.
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

and where's the pics

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. ...............................Yeah, all that praise and no pics just don't seem right.:(

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Couple of posts down by loneStar Mopar,looked GREAT.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the pics are on the 5th page because nobody bumps them.

6. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

I ain't a photographer ... don't let that detract from the praise. Other, more talented phtographers, are posting pics. Good for them!! And besides -- you don't need pics to say "thanks."

7. seatex

seatex

That's a fact! Hated missing it!

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Thanks as well, and another vote to bring back posters.

9. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Royboy Productions has posted pictures on his site. From the pictures I saw, a very good show.