Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank You Hotrodladycrusr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT ROD DAVE, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I heard from the lady this morning. Sounds like that louvered jobby is one of a few she had to bring home. I'll let her do the honors.

2. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Yes Denise, thanks for opening your home to everyone (both 2-legged AND 4-legged creatures :eek:). It was a blast to spend some time with you and Megan. Glad to have met many folks and hope everyone made it home safely. We got home in time to make it to work - well, somewhat on time. :eek: (Sorry boss).

I doubt that we'll show again there but we could always come to view the show and then take in your party. :)

Thanks again and thanks for the support we received.

3. BigChief

BigChief

As always, Denise's hospitality is unequalled and the party was a blast! THANKS SOOO MUCH! Hanging out with old friends and new friends over the weekend and sitting in absolute awe listening to Chaz tell us a little about himself and his carosels over the weekend were highlights not to mention Squiggy and the Kentucky/NorthCarolina/Ohio/New Jersey small game hunting and furnace repair commission made their presence well known (and appreciated)....... and for those that care, Robie and Lucky77 could use donations for new BVDs. :)

Thanks again for a great time and it was awesome to see everybody again!

-Bigchief.

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Hey, I have one of those. Very cool award that the hiwinders have been giving out. They give out one at each show they attend.

Congrats Denise

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I feel honored to have been choosen and sounds like I am in great company. I can barely talk today and can't hardly keep my eyes open I'm so tired. I'm organizing the photos from the weekend and will post my Autorama weekend experience........furry creatures and all:D

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow...your going to do a story on here??? neat idea!!!!;P
    cant wait! :)

7. LuckyGal

LuckyGal
    from Saginaw

Congratulations Denise and thank you for inviting us again this year to your house for the after-party. As always.... loads of fun!:)

Big Olds looks fantastic! :cool::D:)

Here's to cars, critters, jello-shots, and friends! :D

See you at the next show!

8. Lucky77

Lucky77

For the record that squirrel was a man killer and at least 400 lbs. Besides, I wear boxers and not BVD's.

9. All the great things I've heard about Denise are true, times a million!:D I was treated like an old friend. Her car kicks ass, and her house ROCKS!! ( Looking for that plate for you BTW!) Megan is supercool:cool:, as well as all the others we met that night. Ed was feeling no pain as we dragged our asses back across the border that night:p.

THANKS DENISE!!

So did you manage to catch Secret Agent Squirrel?:eek:

Attached Files:

10. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

We did have a great time in Detroit. One of the highlights of the trip was the little time we got to spend at Denise's house. Thanks for the invite, and for the excellent hospitality. Great memories, thanks, Denise.

J.

11. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

Yeah, the party was a blast. I wish we coulda stayed longer and drank more beer, but then I would have fell asleep more than I already was on my way home... Plus, my girlfriend drank my fair share of the jello shits for me:cool: Nice to meet everyone. Thanks

12. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Damn missed it! But Hotrodladycrusr, your car was something to behold! It's come along way in a short time. Hopefully I can catch up with HAMB folks in upcoming months and events.

13. Matthimself

Matthimself

For those of you who left early or are wondering who the secret agent squirrel is I'll let you in on it. When Denise, Mike, and I returned to her house from the show we found a squirrel in her living room pummeling himself against her window trying to escape. After a little drama he ran into the basement bleeding pretty bad. Me and BigChief combed the basement for almost 2 hours but could not find even a sign of him. We decided he was either dead or close to it and proceeded to partly like it was 1999. Somewhere around 3am someone (I think blacktopbandit) noticed the basement was at a frigid 40 degrees and investigated. Turns out the pilot on the furnace had gone out. While Brian and Steve were poking around the furnace trying to get heat back they saw what seemed to be a tail way back in the bowels of the burner. Squiggy was summoned and he almost got him but that little SOB squirmed out of his grip and headed up the chimney. Eventually the boys got the pilot lit and as soon as the thermostat fired up the furnace that little hairball came tearing out of there singed and smoking at about a hundred miles an hour. He took a fast lap of the basement and headed upstairs to the kitchen sending lucky77 into the kitchen sink and Robie headed skyward. Mr squirrel then went back downstairs where Squiggy almost had him but back into the kitchen he went where a fella whose name I didn't catch (one of the guys responsible for the kopper kart) used some sort of superhuman reflex and stepped on him pinning him to the ground. Squiggy eventually caught up to him as he thrashed around under that guys size 12's and carried the still thrashing squirrel in a towel out into the snow giggling the whole way.

Nothing like watching a bunch of drunk folks chasing a flaming squirrel around and screaming like schoolgirls.

14. Scott K

Scott K

Shit!...I always miss the good part.

15. Lucky77

Lucky77

You know I always joke that there's only two things I'm affraid of; that being spiders and commitment. I guess you could add flaming squirrels flying at supersonic speed aimed at my nuts to the list:eek:

16. BigChief

BigChief

To be perfectly fair, that squirrel was pretty big - and he had a pretty tough day up to that point. Having that pissed off bugger come literally flying into the kitchen unannounced and dead-on at Satchel height would have had most folks up off their feet....maybe not as high off the ground as Robie - but at least startled and covering the family jewels for sure.

I never thought we'd top the 'paint incident of 2006' but Blktopbandit, Steve, Squiggy and I probably never laughed so hard in our lives as we did when we heard the house full of people above us hit the roof when that smoldering rodent flew into the kitchen. I'll never forget it.

-Bigchief.

17. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Lets see.. Where do you start......... Denise invites Steve and I to stay at her place while in Detroit with the Finkosel, ........Dana (one of our crew) finds out that he can come and she welcomes him too!.... Then she gives us the use of her car while we're there so we can get around.... Then introduces us to everyone in the car world....... Then manages the HAMB meet and greet at our setup........Then has us over to her party..... Then helps us pack up the Finkosel after the show. ... Then finds us a box and packing so we can ship the trophy home.
    The whole time she's dealing with her own entry in the show. If there ever really was a Wonderwoman she's it... Girl, we owe you - BIG!
    There's not a person in the world more deserving of trophies-car or not.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you thank you, thank you ..........etc.

18. hemifarris

hemifarris

Excellent ,funny story..........

19. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

What Chaz said, and more. still have apic to post but have to wait for te right time. Thanks a buch Denise

20. Ya can't make that shit up!!! Damn I missed the festivities! "Flaming Squirrel" Sounds like a Roth Character!!!:D

21. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

The names you didn;t catch were me, 57JoeFomopar and Chopolds. Ha, good story.

22. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I was a great party. It was very cool to meet so many of you guys. (I do need the guy from North Carolina to pm me) Denise was a great hostess in many locations and on many levels. Thank you, my dear.

J.

23. Ramblur

Ramblur

Which begs the question; Which one of you Bullwinkles let Rocky in the house???

24. aceguy

aceguy

I can't thank Denise enough for her great hospitality and an all around world class time. Couldn't have had a better time. I'm looking foreward to seeing you and Megan on the salt!

25. BigChief

BigChief

No tree-rat tracks around the house that I could find that day.....I'm speculating on a marginal chimney cap, eve or soffit. The furnace looks like its the original to the house and the top of the flue looks like it could have let the poor bastard drop in.....luckily while the furnace wasn't lit....he did, however, put out the pilot light on his way through the first time...lucky for him otherwise the folks from the Carolinas, Tennesee and Kentucy areas would have been wrestling for fresh grub. :)

-Bigchief.

26. 39sledge

39sledge

it was great meeting you denise and megan i have never met a nicer pair of cool chicks sorry i missed your party we had other plans may be next time anyway thanx again later b.

27. NOT SO JOLLY ROGER

NOT SO JOLLY ROGER
    from Tennessee

I know I sure had fun being the jelloshot end table...thanks Megan had ablast !!!

28. rbroadster

rbroadster

Okay, just let me set the record straight......

The squirrel was at least three feet long, with 4 inch teeth, red eyes, and long pointy claws.

It came around the corner from the basement at nut-height and bearing down on me at supersonic speed.

Whoever says white men can't jump ain't never seen one when a flaming killer squirrel is bearing down on the ol' family jewels.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I know Lucky77 will back me up.

- RBR

Oh and it's Roby, not Robie you losers! Jeesh! How many friggin' HAMB name tags does a guy have to wear?!?! ;)

29. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

^^^^^

That pretty much sums it up. From my angle I could see the squirrel frothing at the mouth and licking its lips. It even looked like he was strapped with a 9 at his waist. He meant business and would have scared the likes of anyone.

Hey Roby did you order any Vanilla Java Porter yet?

30. NOT SO JOLLY ROGER

NOT SO JOLLY ROGER
    from Tennessee

Hey Roby had a great time with you and AJ can,t wait to party with you again