Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you, anonomous Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C. Montgomery, Oct 2, 2004.

1. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Coming home from the drags tonight, I ripped my tranny crossmember out crossing the railroad tracks in Holland...Some guy in a red T bucket stopped and helped out...He called his son in law that had a welder and torch and tools on his truck...We pulled it out, beat it back into shape and welded it up in bout 30 minutes...These guys were more than happy to help out a total stranger-totally cool...I'm not sure that you're on the hamb but thank you so much for all you did..I think HotWheel is in the thunderbolts..Any idea who these saviors were Reggie?

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

3. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

That is very cool. And it's the kind of story that I can really stand to hear right now because lately it seems like everyone wants to charge everyone else for just the least little bit of extra help.

Good on the Thunderbolts for having unselfish and helpful members.

4. BELLM

BELLM

Good bunch of guys. Definitely know how to party. Good Karma gets around. Cindy & I hung out with Doug yesterday, has the nice black '46 Ford. One of his sons had driven Dougs wifes shoebox to the drags. Hood had blown up on it few weeks ago, having trouble finding one. Wifes daily driver this winter. Needs hood to keep engine dry. Cindy's shoebox is apart, probably won't need her hood til way into next spring, just hanging on the wall. We are loaning it to Doug's wife for the winter. So my good deed to a Thunderbolt yesterday kept the karma going, another Thunderbolt passed it in to you, you will pass it on to someone else. [​IMG]

5. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

anyone know this guy?

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That's what some of the early rodders did to help rid the public of the tainted HOT RODDER image. Some clubs had business cards printed up and when they helped out a stranded motorist they would give them a card saying "you have just been helped by a member of *********** car club". It helped spread good will and got regular citizens up close and personal with those "hell raising" rodders.

Frank

7. Yep, I know the T-bolts real well. Though I'm not one, I think the rest of my Kontinental brothers would say they we are at least 1st cousins. I'd like to think we helped to nudge them into resurrecting one of the oldest car clubs in Texas.

Kenny Dickey was the fellow in the T-bucket. He is a stand up guy! Glad they were able to get you back on the road.

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Thanks Reggie..He offered to go get his trailer and pull me home if his son in law couldn't fix it, but he was there in five minutes and we got her fixed enough to limp back to Jarrell....