Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thames VIN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JaysinSpaceman, May 27, 2009.

1. OK so now I am the proud owner of a little Thames 1/2ton van. This is wonderful and all but somewhere along the line some hacks decided they were going to make a gasser out of it and the cut out the firewall along with the VIN tag and it is long gone. Now before you say "Well, it is also on the frame Dummy", the same rocket scientists that cut the firewall out welded a Chevy engine crossmember in to the Thames frame right over the top of the VIN. I cut out what they welded in and I can manage to make out *Cxx2x99* through the weld and rust pitting, the little "*" is a star stamp and the "x" is a number that I can't read.

What the hell do I do?

I have gotten titles for cars that I have a complete vin for before by having the vin verified and a statement of fact form filled out, but I have never dealt with a partial vin before.

Just so you can give better advice I am dealing with California DMV. I did search on here and Google but I didn't come up with the kind of info that pertains to partial VINs.

Thanx for any and all help.

And here's a picture of it.

[​IMG]

2. Just thought that I would bump it up for the evening crew.

Thanx for any help.

Jaysin