Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TH350 seems to be snatching at low speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morrisman, Aug 31, 2016.

1. trollst

trollst

Motor plate? Not tranny related, in my opinion, it's the motor plate, has no place on a street driven car. No isolation, no rubber between engine and frame, that's why rubber mounts are used, what you feel is a combination of engine-transmission together, just my opinion.

Morrisman likes this.
  2. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Unfortunately the world has changed and I've sold the car and moved back to England. :( Been very busy the last month or two.

The guy who bought it has driven it a fair bit and he doesn't notice anything wrong. Mind you, he also said the brakes were 'sharp' when I thought they were pretty wooden and took a lot of leg iron to stop the car quickly...

I did double and triple check the fluid level, found I was a quart overfilled, but it made little difference after I drained it.

3. "It makes this weird jerking when stood still, so diff or brakes are nothing to do with it."

IF the above is in neutral, driveline angles, brakes, transmissions are all out of the picture, when the car is doing it ..... and it's sitting still.
    Sounds like engine, not anything beyond engine.

Well, I guess I should have read each post ..... back to England and no more car.

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Well bummer, Morrisman. I remember when you first started building from the fiberglass body. Hope all goes well for you with the changes it sounds that life has brought.

Morrisman likes this.
  5. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Yes, seems so long ago now I had nothing but this in the spare bedroom...:(

[​IMG]

s55mercury66 and AHotRod like this.