Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Th350 doesn't work after shift kit install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Aug 21, 2015.

1. My buddy has a lift that I've talked him into letting me use it.maybe I can move the trans enough to get to the converter to de bur things and see if it will set up

2. Fedman

Fedman

This is the Right thing to do.....

If you are into an experiment that might lead to further broken and damaged parts, Take all the Spark Plugs out of the Engine, find a "safe" way to hold the Convertor stationary ( "make or weld up a tool" ) and have some one hit the starter button, if the burr is minor you might be able to work the convertor into the crank as you turn the Engine over.

This is something I might have done when I was 16 and desparate to get back on the road. I do not recommend doing it, but it might work if you are lucky.
    Spray the Convertor hub with lube before you try it.
    It reminds me of Clint Eastwood kind of, "do ya feel lucky punk" :)

Good luck either way.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Haha I do want to say one thing, from the past and knowing some of the folks here,I expected much harsher words.some like to trash on you for such a stupid mistake. But after having the whole build on my mind,it escaped me.anyways long story short the 'good luck' comments are refreshing,and motivating and wasn't expected

I dont think the bur is bad,but who knows.

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if things were apart, is it possible that the flex plate is on backwards?