Register now to get rid of these ads!

TH 350 questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mschiffel, Jun 11, 2012.

1. I just installed my newly remanufactured TH 350 behind a SBC 400...on the right side near the cooler fittings is some kind of a pressure switch with two blade connectors on it....what is this for ?....and lastly the vacuum modulator gets connected via a hose to which fitting on the carb ?...I'm using an early Quadrajet carb, 1967 vintage....does it in fact go to the carb or does it connect directly to manifold vacuum ?....Thanks...Mike S.:confused:

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

reverse light switch? The vacuum goes to the intake vacuum fitting behide the carb.

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

either reverse lights or nut safety switch???? constant vacuum, either location

4. bobscogin

bobscogin

Those were used back in the days of early emission control that altered timing advance depending on what gear the trans was in. The switch told the distributor when the transmission was in high gear. Hook your modulator straight to manifold vacuum.

Bob

5. Chieftec160

Chieftec160

Transmission Controlled Spark Advance (TCS). It's an emissions device.

6. squirrel

squirrel

You can remove the TCS switch and put a 1/8" pipe plug in it's place.

7. ok so I'll put the modulator hose to manifold vacuum...not ported vacuum...thanks,men !!

8. squirrel

squirrel

Connect the vacuum modulator directly to the manifold, if you can.

9. That switch was used in the early 1970's to cut off vacuum advance in 1st and 2nd gear for emissions control. There were different version of the system, it was used from 70-74, and they got more complicated each year - with temperature sensors, anti stall dash pots, deceleration throttle stop, time delay etc.